Thursday, June 9, 2016

WRAP UP: May

Oh. Hello June, is that really you?! YOU'RE HERE SO EARLY, OH MY GOD! Well ... now that you're here, can you at least be nice and not get too hot too quickly? I'M MELTING ALREADY. *ahem* Anyway, I read 4 actual books this month - FOUR BOOKS, MY FRIENDS! *happy dance* - as well as 3 novellas, can you believe that?  Because I can't!! Maybe I'm finally getting out of my month-long slump? I really hope so, it's been going on for far too long now! Also, I'm very pleased to say that I loved each and every one of the books I read - just look at my ratings, they were brilliant! ♥

The Forbidden Wish, The Wrath & The Dawn, The King Slayer, ACOMAF and novellas on kindle
______________________________________________________
Reviews can be read by clicking on the title of the book! I linked them all! :) Reviews to come!
  1. The Wrath & The Dawn by Renée Ahdieh - ★★★★★
  2. The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury - ★★★★☆
  3. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas  - ★★★★★ (spoiler-review HERE)
  4. The Mirror & The Maze by Renée Ahdieh (novella) - ★★★★☆
  5. The Crown & The Arrow by Renée Ahdieh (novella) - ★★★★☆
  6. The Moth & The Flame by Renée Ahdieh (novella) - ★★★★☆ +0.5
  7. The King Slayer by Virginia Boecker (ARC) - ★★★★☆

How was May for you guys? Is it also hot where you live? How many books have you read and which ones? Leave me the link to YOUR wrap up!! :D

17 comments:

  1. You read some AMAZING books! I can't wait to pick up The Wrath and the Dawn. Still waiting to jump on this bandwagon. I hate being in a slump :/♥

    Jumana @ Books by Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I know what you're going through ... slumps suck! But if one's able to get you out ... I'd say The Wrath & The Dawn would manage perfectly! It's such an amazing book - beautiful writing, amazing characters and a fantastic world with interesting plot twists and AHHHH JUST AN OVERALL EPIC BOOK! ♥

      I hope you'll enjoy it & get out of your slump asap! <3

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes! I'm super picky with what I'm reading this year but actually ... well, it's good because so far I've only given ONE BOOK a lower rating than 3 stars, I think? WOHOO!! :D

      Delete
  3. Those are definitely an amazing stack of books! I hope June would be as awesome as May!<3

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tasya! I hope June will be as amazing, yes, haha. :D

      Delete
  4. I'm currently reading The King Slayer and I love it so far, I think I'm 200 pages so far, but I'm not really surprised, the first book was already great. You read some pretty good books in May, I've read them all before and ACOMAF! *sobs* I'm really happy for you if you're out of your reading slump, it's such an amazing feeling! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DEFINITELY. It feels so good, haha. I'M FREE!!! :D

      Don't even get me started on ACOMAF - there's not one day that I DON'T think of my beloved Rhys ... *sigh* ♥

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad you loved The Wrath & the Dawn - it's one of my favorite books of this year so far! And I'm really glad to hear that the novellas are good, since I haven't gotten a chance to read them yet. I read ACOMAF this month, too! It was AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too! It's one of the best retellings I've ever read! The novellas are great but suuuuper short - you'll read them so quickly, ugh!

      Delete
  6. Love The Wrath and the Dawn! And I'm currently reading A Court of Thorns and Roses. Enjoying it so far!

    Ally @ The Scribbling Sprite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOD. I really hope you'll love ACOMAF but I have almost 0 doubt that you WON'T. It's such an amazing book! ♥

      Delete
  7. I completely agree - HOW IS IT ALREADY JUNE?!? I feel like the calendar has skipped an entire month or something because it definitely doesn't feel like June.

    And it sounds like you had an amazing reading month - that's amazing that every book you read got 4+ stars from you! Hopefully June is just as good to you. <3 Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous recap! xx

    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT?!? Freaking scary. And no, it absolutely doesn't feel like June yet ... it's like ... idk, April maybe? Haha. :D

      Well, I'm very picky with what I read this year so I HOPE that all the books will get great ratings, haha. So far I've only given ONE book less than 3 stars, if I remember correctly? That's awesome! :D

      Delete
  8. Wow! I love a good reading month! I've been having some serious issues getting into anything lately. Can I get some of your reading luck?? I hope June is just as awesome for you! :D

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'LL SEND YOU SOME!!! Does it have anything to do with ACOMAF? I've had that too ... all Rhysand's fault. Or well, Sarah J. Maas', haha. :P

      Delete
  9. My poor copy of The Forbidden Wish has been on my shelves since February. I really want to read it but gotta find the time. I hope you read many more amazing books this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥