Monday, May 2, 2016

FairyLoot: April Unboxing

Once again I have a FairyLoot box to show you and OH MY GOD. I'm in love with the things Anissa put inside and can't wait to show you! Let's get started!

What even is FairyLoot? It's a bookish subscription box from my awesome friend Anissa where you get "a monthly box of stolen treasure". Besides a recent release there are also some hand selected goodies inside. A single purchase box is around £26 with pretty low shipping costs, so be sure to check it out!

While last month's theme was Retelling, this time it's Intrigue - to be honest, I had no clue what to expect from this box, although I guessed the book early on ... well, or more like hoped it would be it!

Le gorgeous box on my shelves
And here's what the FairyLoot boxes will look like from now on! They're black and gorgeous and I can't stop staring at them! Also they're slightly smaller than the first white box but I like it - they're handier and as long as everything fits in it they're perfect!

This is what you look at when you open the box - SO PRETTY!!!
Also, look at the inside!!! *fangirl mode* ISN'T IT GORGEOUS?! I love the quote and I think it gives the box that special something - if I even make sense right now but you get what I mean, right? Well done, Anissa!

Poster by Behind the Pages, Effie Trinket Funko Pop, sample of The Wrath & The Dawn and temporary tattoos
Okay, so the first thing I saw in my box was this gorgeous The Hunger Games funko pop! As soon as I've seen this I started squeeing, seriously! I absolutely ADORE funko pops and the fact that Anissa included one in this box only made me love her (and FairyLoot, obviously) even more! I got Effie Trinket and while I wanted a Peeta Mellark or the normal Katniss so much I'm incredibly happy with her as well - she'll look great on my shelves!

There was also a little sampler for The Wrath & The Dawn included - I already own this book and am currently reading it so I don't really have much use for it but it's a nice little addition. From the poster (by Behind the Pages) & the temporary tattoos you might already guess which book we got this month ... if not, it is this glorious one:

The Glittering Court, a gorgeous bookmark by FairyLoot and a vanilla scented candle
THE GLITTERING COURT by Richelle Mead ... OH MY GOOOOD! If I wasn't in a fangirl mode already, I would've been by now. This book, my lovelies, is one I wanted to buy anyway and I'm soooo glad I didn't give in and preordered it. Richelle is like one of my favorite authors and since I adored her other series, Vampire Academy & Bloodlines, a lot I already can't wait to dive into this! #fairylootdryad

The bookmark says "Never assume you'll have to follow the destiny someone else has spelled out for you." which is such a beautiful quote and the design looks amazing as well, if you ask me. And lastly, there's a the candle again! One can never have enough candles ... especially not if they smell so delicious, ugh. Love it! ♥

All the beautiful items from April's FairyLoot box
________________________________________________________

While I rated last month's box with 5/5 I'd give this one a good 4/5 stars because it's an amazing box and I really, really like it. However, the temporary tattoos are not entirely my thing and even though the sampler is a great idea, I already have the book and therefore no need for it. I didn't get the May box (which is HIGH FANTASY) but I will definitely buy one in June again!

What are your thoughts on this month's box? Have you got one yourself? Will you get a future box of FairyLoot? Which other subscription boxes are you interested in?

2 comments:

  1. I ordered the May box (it's my first one) and I'm super excited! I can't wait to see what will be inside - I can't stop speculating about the book that might be included. :D I love the Funko Pop you got in yours, but the tattoos wouldn't really be my thing either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, so exciting, Karin! Will you do an unboxing on your blog? I'll probably stalk social media/blogs/Instagram because I didn't get this month's box.

      Do you have any guesses as to what the book might be? :D

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.