Saturday, April 2, 2016

WRAP UP: March & Stacking the Shelves (#18)

Hello! It's already April 2nd and there's still no wrap up on my blog? Say whaaat? Time to change that - with a little twist. I'm going to combine Stacking the Shelves with my wrap up because ... well, it makes sense this month.

Rebel of the Sands, Saga-volumes not included

The only book I aquired in March was Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton and as soon as I got it, I obviously had to start it immediately. It was one of my most anticipated reads of the year and I'm happy to say it totally lived up to my expectations! Such a great book and you all should read it, if you haven't already! ♥

I also started the graphic novel series Saga by Brian K. Vaughan and read the first 3 volumes within a few days ... it's so addictive, I tell you! So glad Melissa told me about it because it (1) not only helped me catching up with my Goodreads challenge (only 2 books behind now, wohoo!) and (2) IT'S BRILLIANT. I actually can't wait to continue, gah! Also, you can expect little reviews over the next days/weeks. :D

ADSOM, The Assassin's Blade, Peter Pan & Harry Potter 5

These are my current reads ... or well, the books I've recently started but haven't finished yet. A Darker Shade of Magic is on my "currently reading"-list for so long already but right now I can't seem to get into it - the chapters I've read so far were all pretty amazing but I think it's just not the time for it. Also, I don't want this slump to affect my opinion on it. So instead I tried reading Peter Pan because it's short and I always loved the movies buuuut ... nope. It's way too difficult to read (right now, I mean) and completely different to what I expected. I read 2 chapters and already didn't want to continue so I stopped again and (finally) picked up The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas.

Throne of Glass series + Daenerys funko

What should I say? IT'S BRILLIANT. Maaike tweeted me that if one book is to get me out of my slump it's this one. And I'm tempted to say she's right - it's still taking me a lot of time to read but Celaena and Sam are constantly on my mind. I SEE THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THIS TUNNEL SLUMP!!!
___________________________________________________

How has March been for you? Which books have you read? What's your favorite one? And also: any recommendations what to do with myself after I've finished The Assassin's Blade?! HOW AM I TO SURVIVE?!?

22 comments:

  1. YAAAAAY. I'm so happy it's working out so far! I'm glad you can see the light at the end of the tunnel because well, there's little light at the end of the book. Omg. I'm not kidding I feel like reading it again. But I can't. Because you asked what books I've read in March? The answer is.. none. I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENING? I just can't finish Outlander for some reason. And I actually like the book idk this is just messed up.. XD But I'm SO happy you're getting out of it! Enjoy Sam as long as you can. ;)

    NEW RECOMMENDATION: READ HEIR OF FIRE AND QUEEN OF SHADOWS. (I don't care if I'm predictable, you should read them.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU SCARE ME!!! I mean, I already (kind of) know what to expect ... Melissa has been telling me that it'll be awful and I THINK I'm ready (she says I'll never be read though, haha) but OH GOOOD.

      You said Outlander is HUGE, right? Maybe read something else for now and get back to it later?

      I WIIILL!!! I'll have to wait for QoS till September though (that's when my copy will be released --> TORTURE!!!) so we'll see what I can read in the meantime ... but I WILL GET TO IT! ♥

      Delete
  2. Glad you loved Rebel of the Sands! :D ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeeees!!! So glad it lived up to my expectations! I was a little scared but OHHH MY! I LOVED IT! :D ♥

      Delete
  3. Those books look so lovely! Hope you'll enjoy Rebel of the sands (I've heard a lot about it). I've been wanting to read Peter Pan for so long now, but I still haven't got my own copy :/ Great pictures!


    I've read 3 books this month and my favourite by far was Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare. I haven't read the Assassin's Blade so I don't know what to say :p

    Have a look at my March Wrap Up @ Swissbookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally check out Rebel of the Sands! It's really good and I looooved it! The characters are amazing! ♥

      I've heard so many things about Lady Midnight ... can I read it without the other books of the series - I haven't read The Immortal Instruments and also not The Infernal Devices. Very curious about Lady Midnight though, so is it possible? Or would I miss too much and will only be confused?

      Delete
    2. Okay, I will :)

      Well, I think you can. Cassandra Clare welcomes new readers too, and it's a new story. But there are some references you might not understand, but there are very few and all just talk about the future of Clary and her gang from The Mortal Instruments. I think you should definitely give it a try! :)

      Here's my Review of Lady Midnight if you're interested in it, no worries. There's a warning where the spoilers begin and at the end of the review there's a paragraph called "What if you haven't read any previous books by Cassandra Clare?" which probably is a little more detailed version of what I just told you. :)

      I hope if you give Lady Midnight a try, you'll like it. I LOVED it :D

      Delete
  4. yay i'm glad you're coming out from your slump! i hope you'll finally can enjoy a darker shade of magic since it's just brilliant!

    tasya // the literary huntress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect it to be brilliant and what I've read so far was really, really great ... I just think it'll have to wait a little longer - that's okay for me, haha. :D

      Delete
  5. Ah, Rebel of the Sands was absolutely amazing! It definitely lived up to its expectations, and went beyond it. I haven't read The Assassin's Blade yet, but I'm definitely going to pick it up the next time I'm in a slump! Nothing like a bit of Celaena to pick you up :)
    Great post!
    Erika @ Books, Stars, and the Pages in Between

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erika! ♥ You totally should read TAB - people have told me to do it a looong time ago, haha. I just want to continue with the series, so I had to get to it eventually. And well ... IT'S AMAZING SO FAR!

      Delete
  6. I am still undecided whether I should start Throne of Glass series now or wait until it is completed. But everyone complains about cliffhangers so guess I am going to wait. Even though all the hype and love around bloggosphere is making me very curious about this series :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? You could do that? Wait till the series is finished? I ADMIRE YOU. Honestly, once you've started it's SO HARD to not pick up all the other books immediately and devour them in one sitting ... you should get to it as soon as possible though. :D

      Delete
  7. I hope you enjoy The Assassin's Blade! It was my favourite from the series, and I read it in May last year, so I did have some time to wait for QoS! It hurts like hell... you'll just have to keep checking *cough* stalking *cough* for teasers for QoS! I know what you mean about ADSOM - I found the start very slow too, but it does pick up once you've got through the world-building. I hope you get out of your slump soon! :D

    Denise | The Bibliolater

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your FAVORITE? Really? Wow! I didn't expect that, haha. I'm very excited though and can't get the characters out of my head, ahhh! Thank you Denise! <3

      Delete
  8. What an amazing assortment of books you got this week. I hope you love all of them.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too! Thank you, Grace! :D ♥

      Delete
  9. Your photos are gorgeous, Yvonne! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *tacklehugs* THANK YOU, GERALDINE! I'm glad you like them!! ♥

      Delete
  10. I read ADSOM in March and loved it. It was a rather slow read for me though, so definitely not what I would recommend to get out of a slump. But I hope you end up enjoying it once you continue reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was thinking too - the chapters I've read so far were brilliant and I love Schwab's writing a lot but ... it's kinda slow. I put it aside for now and will get back to it later. Thank you!! ♥

      Delete
  11. Im finally meeting Sara! I cannot wait. Im glad you enjoyed her books

    Leydy @ OUAT

    P.S
    Enter these cool giveaways!
    JOY Blu-ray | Dirtiest Secret | Will You Won't You Want Me?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥