So, a while ago Melissa @ In A Bookish World tagged me to do this tag and since she recently remembered me again, here it is now!
1. A popular book or series that you didn’t like.Umm ... maybe Looking for Alaska by John Green? After enjoying TFIOS so much, I thought his other books have to be as brilliant as this one ... nope. It was an "okay" read for me but I was really not as impressed as everyone else. The same goes for Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher.
2. A popular book/series that every one else seems to hate but you love.After thinking long and hard about this question and analyzing my ratings on Goodreads, I came to the conclusion that I DON'T FREAKING NOW. I'm serious, I coulnd't come up with one book that I loved but everyone else hated. Is that a good sign? No idea, my brain is mush right now.
3. A love triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn ppl for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don’t like.I feel like my answer for this kind of question is always the same but I DON'T CARE. I wanted Alina from the Grisha trilogy to end up with someone else SO BADLY. I won't say with whom but the people who've read it and know me might already know the answer. Both is correct, by the way.
4. A popular book genre that you hardly reach for.I have to steal that answer from Melissa but - as sad as it sounds - for me it's also CLASSICS. I have a few on my shelves (such as Pride and Prejudice - which I loved! -, Dracula, Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan) but nearly not enough. I want to read them but ... oh, I don't know.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.Does Ben from Colleen Hoover's November 9 count? I know loads of people love him and can't stop swooning but ... I couldn't care less. He had some sweet moments but there were others that just disturbed me too much. Naah, he's not for me.
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.Actually, I haven't even read anything by her yet but Cassandra Clare is the only one that comes to my mind immediately. I can't say anything about her writing style but the fact that I'm hesitating so much to even get her books tells me a lot already ... I can't decide.
Update: That's not true anymore! I finally read City of Bones and enjoyed it quite a lot, to be honest. There'll be a review on the blog soon, so keep an eye out! :D
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing. (examples “lost princess”, corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)What do I hate with passion? Perfect characters. The damsel in distress. (at least sometimes) Instalove. Boys and girls that can't just be best friends. A girl everyone is in love with even though there's nothing special about her ... and many more!
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.Divergent by Veronica Roth maybe? I have it on my shelves but whenever I just LOOK it at, I'm like: Nooo, don't want to read you! I bet there are more but I can't come up with any others right now.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion - maybe because I've seen the movie first and read the book afterwards but it was so entirely different ... I just didn't like the book, oops.
I'm not tagging anyone in particular but if you're interested and want to do the tag yourself: FEEL TAGGED! I'd love to know your opinion on these questions!
* Header illustration by marushabelle