Saturday, April 30, 2016

Stacking the Shelves (#19) with a little twist!

"Stacking The Shelves" is a weekly (in my case monthly - every last Saturday of the month) meme, hosted by Tynga's Reviews, where you show all your purchased/received books - physical or ebook.
__________________________________________________________________

Happy Saturday everyone! It's already the last (satur)day of April, which means it's time for another Stacking the Shelves, wohoo! I've been in a huge reading slump these past months and even though I haven't finished many books in April (you'll see when I post my wrap up), I was still in the mood to buy some new books! Also, two of them were from a subscription box (FairyLoot) and I'm beyond excited to start them as soon as possible!

Red Rising, Harry Potter 5, The King Slayer, The Forbidden Wish, The Glittering Court & my face - Hello!
 
Physial copies and E-books I bought/received:
  • Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
  • Red Rising by Pierce Brown
  • The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
  • The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead
  • The King Slayer by Virginia Boecker (ARC)

The twist (hopefully not too awkward)


Soooo, Melissa @ In A Bookish World thought it would be fun to record ourselves doing a little bookhaul video and acting like we have a Youtube channel ... so we did. Both of us. And since she insisted on me posting mine on the blog I also wanted that she posts hers!

Please bear in mind that this was actually JUST for Melissa's eyes and OH MY GOD, I'm feeling so anxious to post it here but ... well, Melissa liked it and it's kinda funny (but also awkward) so here it is. Sorry for the bad quality but my camera is obviously only good for taking pictures, haha. :D



How bad was it? Will you still visit my blog? :P Also, which books did you get this month? Leave a link to your post and I'll check it out! :)

    12 comments:

    1. SO PROUD OF YOU FOR POSTING THIS!
      You rocked it and I love it so much!! <3 <3

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah, yeah, I know that YOU love it, hahah. Can't wait for yours to go online! :P <3

        Delete
    2. Oooh, great haul this week--here's hoping you enjoy them when you get the chance to pick them up!

      Also, booooo reading slumps. Hopefully yours passes soon and you can start enjoying all the books again!

      Happy book-ing to you, in any case! Here's my StS, if you're interested!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It has ... kind of passed, I think. Thanks god! I'm so glad because it has been going on for months already, ugh. Thanks so much though! :D

        Delete
    3. YOU ARE ADORABLE. The video is great! You did so well. Omg, I can only imagine how nervous I would be, I'm totally impressed. Also, GREAT books. I am so excited to start The Forbidden Wish and The Glittering Court as well!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I WAS INCREDIBLY NERVOUS!!! It's so weird to talk in front of a camera, oh my god. I felt like I'm the most awkward person EVER, haha. I'm glad it wasn't that bad though! ♥

        Delete
    4. The Video is cute. I like it. I hope you do more. You are very good. I hope you love the Glittering Court. Reading Slumps happen.

      Grace @ books of Love

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Ahhh! Thanks so much, Grace! ♥ I really hope TGC will be amazing ... Soundless was disappointing so I'm a little bit sceptical. We'll see though.

        Delete
    5. OMG, I loved your video so much! You should totally do more videos for the blog, or maybe even set up your own channel...? ;) I really want to read Red Rising too - I've heard so many good things about the series, and it seems like something I would really enjoy. I hope you enjoy these books - lovely haul! ♥

      Denise | The Bibliolater

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You think? I felt super awkward, haha. But I'm glad you liked it, thanks so much, Denise! ♥ *blushes* I really hope Red Rising will be amazing - I loved THG so I have high hopes, haha. :D

        Delete
    6. That video wasn't bad at all! :D You did a great job. Great haul by the way! :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Really? I'm so glad to hear that, haha. Thanks so much!! :D ♥

        Delete

    Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥