Wednesday, April 6, 2016

FairyLoot: March Unboxing

About 7 weeks ago FairyLoot went live and ever since it feels like I'm floating on a fluffy cloud because I absolutely couldn't believe that people from Europe are now able to afford a YA subcription box without horrendous shipping costs. OH MY GOD.

So, what even is FairyLoot? It's a bookish subscription box from my awesome friend Anissa where you get "a monthly box of stolen treasure". Besides a recent release there are also some hand selected goodies inside. A single purchase box is less than £25 with pretty low shipping costs, so be sure to check it out!

March's theme was Retelling! I was absolutely in love with the theme when I found out about it - retellings are (if well written) awesome and bring back so many childhood memories while giving the original story a brilliant twist. I just love them. Let's have a look at what was inside FairyLoot's first box, shall we? Alright!

The box with my shelves as background, woop!

THE BOX. *insert dramatic music* Little sidenote: My neighbour opened the box before she handed it to me and was so surprised at the content inside. Obviously she hasn't read the name on the package but oh well. So long as she didn't keep any of these gorgeous items everything's fine. I'm sure she now wants a box too, haha. Oh and from next month on the boxes will be black - I'm already so excited for how they'll look like! Don't get me wrong, I liked these too but black boxes? Come on, this already sounds awesome!

Throne of Glass bookmarks by The Sticker Alley

Arent's these bookmarks THE CUTEST THING EVER?!? I fell in love the minute I laid my eyes on them. Throne of Glass bookmarks. I repeat ... THRONE OF GLASS BOOKMARKS! Excuse me while I fangirl over here!!!

Constellations Notebook by NewtonAndTheApple

Notebooks are cool, don't you think? I really like the design of this one and even though it only has plain pages without any lines I'm sure I can find something useful to write into.

Alice in Wonderland necklace by BunnyBeadsUK

Take a look at this gorgeous necklace and tell me you don't want it too! You can't, right? It says "We're all mad here", which is obviously from Alice in Wonderland and if that isn't already enough, the packaging will make you love this. The card and this little bag are super sweet!

Shadowhunter candle by MurrayMayDesigns

I'm a huge fan of candles and even though I'm not a Shadowhunter fan (never read the books or seen the movie/series) I really, really like this one! It just looks badass and is almost too pretty to burn ... maybe I never will. It'll look amazing on my shelves, I think ... and my cat approves as well. Yay!

The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury

And now let us appreciate the "main item" of the box: THE BOOK. It's The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury and I couldn't be more excited!  It has been on my TBR list for quite a while now and the fact that it's a retelling of Aladdin (one of my favorites!) makes me so happy! There are already many awesome reviews on Goodreads and overall I think Anissa chose a really, really good book for the first box!

Signed bookplate & bookmark

We even got a signed bookplate and a gorgeous bookmark, gaaah! ♥

"So many books, so little time" pin by ButtonNook

And lastly, a bookish pin/badge! I almost didn't see it because it was so small and would've probably thrown it away (oh god) but THANK GOODNESS I DIDN'T. The quote is perfect and represents my (and probably every booklover's problem) so well. Me likey!
_____________________________________________________________

If I'd have to give the box a rating, it would probably be a solid 5/5. I'm sorry. Maybe I'm a little biased because Anissa is a great friend of mine but I'm also really in love with the box and its content. I like every little thing and am already super excited and curious for the April box (the theme's Intrigue, by the way). I'd highly recommend you check out a box for yourself - you can get yours HERE!

What about you? Are you interested in a FairyLoot box? Do you have any other (bookish) subscriptions?

18 comments:

  1. Aghh The Forbidden Wish! I've heard amazing things about this book. It's also SO freaking pretty♥
    Love this Yvonne!

    Jumana @ Books by Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! I can't wait to read it! Thanks so much, sweetie! ♥

      Delete
  2. Oh. My. Goodness. This box is incredible!! If I'm able to get one for myself it will definitely be something I'll do! I adore that notebook, so much so I might have to treat myself to it! :P

    Charlotte @ Bookmarks and Blogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should! It's INCREDIBLE! I'm already so excited for April's box, ahhh! :D

      Delete
  3. The notebook is just so gorgoeus!<3 Your cat looks a bit pissed though haha! XD I hope you enjoy reading The Forbidden Wish!

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think? She's just modeling like a pro ... maybe that's her "don't annoy me" look? Haha. :D

      Delete
  4. AHHH, Yvonne!! I'm SO glad you loved it. This post made me all warm and fuzzy inside. ^_^ ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU so much, Anissa! I really loved it! ♥

      Delete
  5. I'm SO jealous that you can get this box!! I keep seeing it on Twitter and I want it so bad but it costs too much to ship to the US! Noooo! I'm so glad you loved it! :D

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. REALLY? How much is shipping to you? For me it's definitely cheaper than an Owlcrate box ... I've always wanted one but in total (with shipping) I'd have to pay around 60€ for ONE box - that's crazy!! I'm glad FairyLoot isn't that expensive, haha. :D

      Delete
  6. I almost had gotten fairyloot for march but at the last moment I couldn't affort it but don't really mind now because I already had bought The Forbidden Wish, also with the bookmark and bookplate so phew! Kinda sad about the Shadowhunter candle though because I'm a huge fan of all things Shadowhunter. Enjoy all the goodies! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knoooow!!! When I saw that you hauled The Forbidden Wish I was hoping you haven't bought a FairyLoot box, haha. Will you get the April box though? Or a future one? :D

      Delete
  7. Wow, so much cool stuff! I might need to get one of these boxes. I especially love the necklace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeees! I can only recommend it - Anissa puts so much thought into the boxes and includes amazing items. I'm sure you'd love your box(es)! :D

      Delete
  8. Even though I'm in the US, I was really tempted to buy the March Fairyloot box. I'm kind of glad that I didn't because I already own two copies of The Forbidden Wish (which is excellent, by the way) and the swag that came along with it.

    I will definitley be keeping my eye out for future Fairyloot boxes, though. They look like they are fun to unbox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely write another unboxing for future boxes - I'm already too excited for the April one and can't wait to see what's inside! I hope you'll get one for yourself too some time! ♥

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥