Sunday, April 17, 2016

Burn, Rewrite, Reread Book Tag

It's tag-time again, wohoo! I was tagged by the wonderful (or not?) Melissa @ In A Bookish World to play a little game of BURN, REWRITE, REREAD and let her pick 3 books for each of the rounds! Are you ready to see me suffer? Yes? Then here we go!

The rules:
  1. Randomly choose 3 books.
  2. For each group, decide which book to burn, rewrite and reread. (A lot like Kiss, Marry, Kill.)
  3. Repeat until you completed three rounds (or more if you want)

Round One:

» Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton - REREAD
This book was one of the most anticipated releases of 2016 for me and after reading a 2-chapter sampler I KNEW I'd love this with all my heart! It didn't disappoint - IT WAS SO GOOD!!

» Ricochet by Keri Lake - REWRITE
In my review I mentioned that I wanted a different ending, so I'd rewrite this but Richochet was by far one of the best books I've read and even though it's super dark, brutal and terrible it totally keeps you hooked from the very first moment. You'll just have to continue reading, whether you like it or not.

» Forget Tomorrow by Pintip Dunn - BURN
I'm super sorry but Forget Tomorrow has to burn in this round - I enjoyed the book a lot and even wrote a little discussion post on it because it covers such an interesting topic but it had some flaws and started to drag a bit after a while. Still a really, really good book!

Round Two:

» An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir - REWRITE
This one is also on my favorites list, so obviously I cannot burn it ... I wasn't sure whether to reread or rewrite it but ended up with the latter because there was one thing that disturbed me a bit: the romance. It's not a love triangle but more like a love square and I'm not sure if this was really necessary? I'm still waiting for book 2 to find out more but yeah ... I would've rewritten the romance.

» The Seventh Soul by ML Harveland - BURN
I AM SO SORRY. I've read this book a while ago and REALLY enjoyed it but compared to these other two books it couldn't stand a chance. It's also completely different and since there's a super evil villain involved, I probably wouldn't feel that bad for actually burning it - not that I'd ever do it, haha.

» Confess by Colleen Hoover - REREAD
Colleen Hoover is one of my alltime favorite authors and Confess was such a great and brilliant book that I just cannot burn it and couldn't find anything to rewrite (or I simply don't remember). I loved the confessions, the art, the characters and even the storyline so, so much! Definitely reread material!

Round Three:

» The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas - REWRITE
That one pains me and even though I actually would love to reread it, I had to go with rewrite for this one. I wanted this book to be more about Sam and Celaena and while I did enjoy all the stories I felt like Sam wasn't even there most of the time. The last story totally crushed my heart but I wanted a little bit more.

» The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker - REREAD
Another one from my favorites list, wohoo! I'm not a huge fan of books about/with witches - they're just not my thing - but The Witch Hunter totally changed that. I adored the characters and storyline right from the beginning and was so invested and this whole world that I just couldn't get enough off!

» Harry Potter 4 by J.K. Rowling - BURN
With Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire being my least favorite book so far (still need to read the rest of the series), this one was an easy one. Don't get me wrong, I really liked the book and would've had an extra hard time if Melissa chose Prisoner of Azkaban.

Round Four:

» Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken - REWRITE
I just didn't like Never Fade as much as The Darkest Minds. Simple as that. In my opinion - and actually I think I'm not the only one -, it was far less interesting than the first book because the orinigal cast (Chubs, Liam, Zu and Ruby) weren't together most of the time. It didn't feel right and while that might've been the point of it ... I just didn't like it.

» Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake - REREAD
Anna Dressed in Blood felt, to me, like an episode of Supernatural and since it's one my my favorite TV shows ever, I just had to pick this book as my reread, right? Right. It was really well written, a quick and easy read with likeable characters and a great storyline. Me likey!

» The Deep End of the Sea by Heather Lyons - BURN
I had to burn this beautiful book by Heather Lyons because ... well, it didn't stick with me. Does it make sense? I gave it 4 stars in my review and apparently really, really liked it but I barely remember anything about it and therefore don't have the urge to either reread or rewrite. So sorry.

Round Five:

» The One Thing by Marci Lyn Curtis - REREAD
I have a special connection with my copy of The One Thing because it was my first ever signed book and also because Marci is such an amazing human being and I'M NOT ABLE TO BURN THIS BOOK. There's no way I could do that. Just no. You'll get why when you read it ... it's just too beautiful, too emotional, too funny to ever suffer such a painful death. NOOOPE.

» The Collectors' Society by Heather Lyons - REWRITE
The only thing I'd rewrite from this book was The White King. Not the character itself but the time he gets in the book. I wrote in my review that he managed to captivate me with ONE chapter and that I fell in love with him throughout this ONE little chapter ... he deserves so much more and I NEED THIS. I'm in love with him and Wonderland and would've loved to read more about those two things!

» Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover - BURN
This really pains me. Melissa, what have you done?! I'm only burning this because I know the book so well and because there's still the soundtrack I can listen too that'll make me remember all the gorgeous scenes and give me all the feels. But honestly? I died a litle bit inside while typing the word BURN next to this amazing book. HOW COULD YOU DO THIS, MELISSA?!?

I'm tagging ...
Maaike @ All These Lives
Stephanie @ Bookfever
... and YOU!

If you need/want me to pick random books for you, don't hesitate to ask! It was so much fun and I'm glad to help ... can't promise to NOT be mean though, haha. Of course, you can also do it yourself, however you like. :)

10 comments:

  1. YOU BURN MAYBE SOMEDAY?!!!!!! YOU BURN RIDGE?! OHMYGOOOOODDDDDDDDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WEEEELLLLLL. You didn't give me another choice! HIS BLOOD IS ON YOUR HANDS!!! :D

      Delete
  2. Good thing you picked reread for The Witch Hunter! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you'd have picked it too? Haha :D

      Delete
  3. OMG, HOW COULD YOU BURN MAYBE SOMEDAY? It's so beautiful, and no one else would get to read it either! I would totally rewrite the romance in An Ember in the Ashes too - it was so confusing and I would have prefered it if Laia and Elias could have just been together. I didn't like Helene getting hurt too - she was my favourite character! I need to read Anna Dressed in Blood ASAP... it looks so spooky, and the cover is so intriguing too! :D

    Denise | The Bibliolater

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOOOOW! *cries* But Ridge will forever live on in my heart/memories/mind. No way I could erase him from there. And YEEES! Laia and Elias should've been together all along! ♥ I hope you'll enjoy Anna Dressed in Blood when you read it - I really liked it! :D

      Delete
  4. Burning Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire? I don't think I could bring myself to do that. I completely agree about An Ember in the Ashes - I could have definitely done without the romance, especially the weird love square.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, so far it's been my least favorite of the series ... I know it's hard (especially because I still enjoyed it a lot) but ohhhh well, one HAD to be burned, haha. :D

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh, I can feel how hard those choices were to make! Whew, congratulations on surviving, haha!

    Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor: BLOG || VLOG

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such an evil tag omg haha. Burn books. What an awful thought. XD
    But - a lot of fun to do all the same!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.