Saturday, March 19, 2016

What's happening?

"What's happening" sounds so dramatic, right? I just couldn't come up with any other title but don't worry it's nothing bad! This posts is just to ... explain a little bit and to tell you what's been going on in my mind and life while I wasn't blogging. Let's get started!
_____________________________________________________


Wiener Tierschutzverein (german site)
I want to start with a good thing! I'm starting my internship at an animal shelter on Monday and couldn't be more excited (and nervous)! It has been my dream to work with animals ever since I was a kid and thanks to a course I was doing these past months I'm now able to do this one-month internship! YAAAY! *jumps excitedly*

I'll be there from Monday to Friday from 8am to 3pm and as it seems I'm working with birds at the beginning! The animal shelter got 1200 birds this last month and well ... someone has to take good care of them, right? That's me! Along with some other people, obviously. I cannot wait to find out what else I can do there, ahhh! 

Despite this horrible slump I STILL LOVE MY SHELVES! ♥ Excuse my weird face.
The bad thing is: I'm still in a slump concerning EVERYTHING - blogging, reading, commenting, Instagram and even watching TV shows. Honestly, I don't even know how I spend most of my time NOT doing any of those things?!

I thought it's getting better now that I started Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton and while I enjoy the book a lot (I ship the MC's SO MUCH!!!) I can't seem to bring myself to actually blog and write anything meaningful. It's frustrating and annoys me but I can't change it.

So yeah, I just wanted to tell you that I definitely DON'T give up on this blog - it's my baby and I love it with all my heart (as well as all of YOU guys). I have a few posts drafted and will upload them in a non-regular schedule just so it's not completely abandoned here.

And lastly I want to say: THANK YOU. For not giving up and sticking with me even though I haven't posted this much lately. I'm sure I'll fight this slump and will be back in all my glory as soon as possible! *makes weird ninja sounds*

But now: How are YOU? I miss you! What have you been up to lately? What are you currently reading? How's life treating you in general? Tell me, tell me, tell me! ♥

15 comments:

  1. That internship sounds so exciting! But 1200 birds? That sounds like A LOT. Or maybe that's normal an it's just that I know next to nothing about animal shelters.

    I took an accidental blogging hiatus at the beginning of this month, but I'm back now! So far, March has been a pretty great month for me reading-wise. I'm currently reading The Game of Love and Death, which is really good so far, and i just finished The Wrath and the Dawn, which I LOVED. Not related to reading, this is the beginning of the college admissions decisions season, which is stressful, but I have some good options so far and I'm looking forward to actually having some part of my future figured out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS a lot and definitely not normal! They found them in a truck or something like that? I'm not 100% sure.

      Oh, I haven't heard of the book before but it sounds super interesting! Added it to my TBR list now! The Wrath & the Dawn is still on my TBR list and once I'm out of the slump I hope I can get to it asap - I heard so many great things!!

      Oh, college stuff! Exciting! I'm glad you have some great option and am sure that everything will work out just the way you want it to be!! Good luck with it!! :D

      Delete
  2. Beauty alert!! You need to stop saying you have a weird face, Yvonne, I'm serious! :D

    I'm sure it will end sooner than you think! And look at that, you just posted something on your blog (AND an IG picture just now!) that's definitely progress! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And YOU need to stop with this beauty thing, haha. :D ♥ I hope so much it'll be over fast ... we'll see. You know for how long I've been fighting now, ugh.

      Delete
  3. Omg, working at an animal centre sounds so amazing! I really wish I was in your position at the moment! Do they have dogs and cats? I would love to stroke them all day, and care for them. I'm sorry you're in a slump too! I really enjoyed Rebel of the Sands, so I hope you do too. You're so pretty, Yvonne! Your shelves are beautiful too :)

    Denise | The Bibliolater

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course they have dogs and cats along with loads of other small animals too ... rabbits, hamsters and so much more! I'm really excited, haha. :D

      I just finished Rebel of the Sands and LOVED it! It's such a great book and I can't wait for book 2, ahhhh!!! I'm in a fangirl mode! And thank you! *blushes* ♥

      Delete
  4. Hurray! You're back! You were gone and I was sad. :( But yay for working in an animal shelter!! I absolutely adore working with animals! I'm sure you're going to love it! I really hope you're able to pull yourself out of this slump!

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kind of back, yes! I hope it'll last for a while now. ♥ And I hope so too! I'm super nervous but really excited too, haha.

      Delete
  5. That internship sounds intense! 1200 birds?? That's a lot! But it's good that you're excited, because it sounds like it'll be lots of fun, if it's something that you enjoy doing, you know? :)
    And yep, it's great to know you won't give up with the blog! I hope to see those posts soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knooow! Hopefully it won't be too difficult ... I have absoutely NO experience when it comes to birds but we'll see! Thanks for stopping by, Geraldine! <3

      Delete
  6. Good luck on your internship, Yvonne! 1200 birds is a lot but I'm sure you'll do well. :) Looking forward on your upcoming posts. We'll be here anytime <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best of luck with the internship, it sounds amazing! And I'm sure you'll get over the slump soon, everyone goes through them at some time. I absolutely adore your blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun with the internship!! That's a ton of birds :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i used to be upset that i'm in a slump but i'm seeing more and more bloggers embrace their slumps so i feel less alone. your shelves are so gorgeous! it's the first time i'm on your blog and i love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Agh, I know how it feels to be in a slump – mine still hasn't ended but I'm hoping it will soon... I'm not a big animal person but it sounds so cool to be working at an animal shelter and I'm glad you're having fun :D Best of luck with the slump (you'll get there)!

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥