The lovely Denise @ The Bibliolater tagged me to do "The Readers Confession Tag" - thanks so much, I love doing tags!
1. Have you ever damaged your own book?Well, I've broken a few spines but in my opinion that's not really "damaging" a book ... it's completely normal and doesn't even disturb me. However, I destroyed an old german vampire book that I read (and didn't like) because I wanted to use its pages for ... I think it was for a birthday card, haha.
2. Have you ever damaged a borrowed book?I haven't borrowed a book in aaaages but I remember I never damaged one ... why would I? I take care of the things I borrow from people because I would want them to look after MY things as well.
3. How long does it take you to read a book?That really depends on the book ... do I like it? How big is it? Am I in a good mood? So many factors. Lately it's taking me ages though, I can't seem to finish a book in under a week and sometimes it even takes me a lot longer. Oh well.
4. Books that you haven’t finished?I hate DNF'ing books but there are some I haven't (yet) finished. There's Dracula and The Shining, which I plan on picking up again but Alora by Megan Linski is one that I disliked so much so I had to stop reading (still got to 65% even though it was a torture, ugh).
5. Hyped/popular books that you don’t like?Ummm ... does Delirium by Lauren Oliver count? I really didn't like this book. It was just one big NOPE for me.
6. Is there a book that you wouldn’t tell anyone you were reading?I guess it depends on who I'm talking too - I know there's no need to keep the things you like a secret BUT some people judge. And why would I put myself in a situation where someone judges me based on my likes (even though it's probably the most normal thing) ... I'd just keep it to myself then. Right now I can't think of specific books though, I don't think there are any, haha. :D
7. How many books do you own?Okay, I just counted and I own A LOT. I actually didn't think I have that many but well ... there are roughly 220 books on my shelves and another 20-30 in boxes - those are up for sale though.
8. Are you a fast reader or a slow reader?I guess something in between? Neither super fast nor super slow. Like I said, it depends on many things.
9. Do you like to buddy read?I haven't done a lot of buddy-reading yet but the times I did were a lot of fun! It's great to discuss all the great scenes in a book and to spam your buddies with any thoughts and read theirs!
10. Do you read better in your head or out loud?Definitely in my head. There are times when I (just for fun) read out loud but that lasts a chapter or so? Then I'm back to reading in my head, haha.
11. If you were only allowed to own one book, what would it be and why?WHAT A MEAN QUESTION. How am I supposed to decide? It's like picking your favorite child, ugh. I know I'm cheating but there's no way I can decide otherwise ...
- The One Thing by Marci Lyn Curtis - because it's such a great story and my first signed book
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by JK Rowling - because so far it's my favorite book of the series and well, Harry, Hermione, Ron, Hogwarts ... ALL THE THINGS.
- Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi - AARON WARNER. Enough said.
- Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover - easily one of my favorite books ever
- Bloodlines by Richelle Mead - idk which book but maybe one of the earlier ones? Just because I adored Adrian & Sydney's banter and their secret love/feelings.
What about you? Do you agree with me or have a completely different opinion?
I'm tagging ...
Maaike @ All These Lives I Live
Anissa @ She Reads Too Much
Stephanie @ Bookfever
Melissa @ In A Bookish World