Friday, March 25, 2016

The Readers Confession Tag

The lovely Denise @ The Bibliolater tagged me to do "The Readers Confession Tag" - thanks so much, I love doing tags!
____________________________________________

1. Have you ever damaged your own book?

Well, I've broken a few spines but in my opinion that's not really "damaging" a book ... it's completely normal and doesn't even disturb me. However, I destroyed an old german vampire book that I read (and didn't like) because I wanted to use its pages for ... I think it was for a birthday card, haha.

2. Have you ever damaged a borrowed book?

I haven't borrowed a book in aaaages but I remember I never damaged one ... why would I? I take care of the things I borrow from people because I would want them to look after MY things as well.

3. How long does it take you to read a book?

That really depends on the book ... do I like it? How big is it? Am I in a good mood? So many factors. Lately it's taking me ages though, I can't seem to finish a book in under a week and sometimes it even takes me a lot longer. Oh well.

4. Books that you haven’t finished?

I hate DNF'ing books but there are some I haven't (yet) finished. There's Dracula and The Shining, which I plan on picking up again but Alora by Megan Linski is one that I disliked so much so I had to stop reading (still got to 65% even though it was a torture, ugh).

5. Hyped/popular books that you don’t like?

Ummm ... does Delirium by Lauren Oliver count? I really didn't like this book. It was just one big NOPE for me.

6. Is there a book that you wouldn’t tell anyone you were reading?

I guess it depends on who I'm talking too - I know there's no need to keep the things you like a secret BUT some people judge. And why would I put myself in a situation where someone judges me based on my likes (even though it's probably the most normal thing) ... I'd just keep it to myself then. Right now I can't think of specific books though, I don't think there are any, haha. :D

7. How many books do you own?

Okay, I just counted and I own A LOT. I actually didn't think I have that many but well ... there are roughly 220 books on my shelves and another 20-30 in boxes - those are up for sale though.

8. Are you a fast reader or a slow reader?

I guess something in between? Neither super fast nor super slow. Like I said, it depends on many things.

9. Do you like to buddy read?

I haven't done a lot of buddy-reading yet but the times I did were a lot of fun! It's great to discuss all the great scenes in a book and to spam your buddies with any thoughts and read theirs!

10. Do you read better in your head or out loud?

Definitely in my head. There are times when I (just for fun) read out loud but that lasts a chapter or so? Then I'm back to reading in my head, haha.

11. If you were only allowed to own one book, what would it be and why?

WHAT A MEAN QUESTION. How am I supposed to decide? It's like picking your favorite child, ugh. I know I'm cheating but there's no way I can decide otherwise ...

  • The One Thing by Marci Lyn Curtis - because it's such a great story and my first signed book
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by JK Rowling - because so far it's my favorite book of the series and well, Harry, Hermione, Ron, Hogwarts ... ALL THE THINGS.
  • Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi - AARON WARNER. Enough said. 
  • Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover - easily one of my favorite books ever
  • Bloodlines by Richelle Mead - idk which book but maybe one of the earlier ones? Just because I adored Adrian & Sydney's banter and their secret love/feelings.

What about you? Do you agree with me or have a completely different opinion?

I'm tagging ...
Maaike @ All These Lives I Live
Anissa @ She Reads Too Much
Stephanie @ Bookfever
Melissa @ In A Bookish World

13 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you did this tag! I managed to finish The Shining a few weeks ago, but tbh I wasn't impressed with the ending. I thought the book was way too long too! Make sure you're in the mood for it, definitely. Ahh, I can't believe I forgot Ignite Me in my answer! I loved that so much... AND WARNER!! *-*

    Denise | The Bibliolater

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so late to answer this, sorry!! You weren't? Oh damnit ... I mean, all Stephen King books are freaking long - The Shining is actually one of the shorter ones but yeah, I agree with you. I still haven't continued ... maybe during Halloween I try it again, haha. :D

      Delete
  2. These are really interesting questions! I don't usually DNF books either. I usually find SOMETHING to care about and then think that I might as well finish. And we have the same favorite Harry Potter book! Goblet of Fire is a close second for me, but I absolutely love Prisoner of Azkaban and nothing can really get to that level of greatness for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need to read all the other books of Harry Potter but Azkaban was such a great one and so far I doubt anyone can top this. I loved it! :D

      Delete
  3. Ahaha I'm the same with reading in my head - reading out loud takes too much time for me! xD
    I can't believe you went to the effort to count them though! That's dedication! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Like, if I read in my head I'm SO FAST but once I'm reading out loud it's like I take aaaages for a chapter, haha. Weird. :P

      Delete
  4. I agree with Delirium, it actually the first book I DNF and disliked so much! That's really unique though, making a birthday card from a book :D

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad someone agrees with me! I hated this book ... it was just so weird and kinda annoying. Oh well, glad I haven't bought it as an actual book. :D

      Delete
  5. These are such hard questions! Especially the last one. How am I ever going to choose one? I'm probably going to cheat, like you. Also, I totally agree on Delirium. I've read the entire series but meh, it was pretty awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also thanks for tagging me, I'm finally getting to all the tags I haven't done yet. XD

      Delete
    2. Yaay!!! I'm so glad you wanna do it! I'm curious for your answers! :D ♥

      Delete
  6. Question #11 is the easiest for me! :D Thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! Am I a fool now for not knowing which one you'd choose? Oh god! I'M CURIOUS NOW!!! :D

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥