Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (#72): Riders

 
Waiting on Wednesday  is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that booklovers can't wait to get their hands on!


Title: Riders
Author: Veronica Rossi
Series: Riders #1
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Expected Publication Date: February 16th, 2016


For eighteen-year-old Gideon Blake, nothing but death can keep him from achieving his goal of becoming a U.S. Army Ranger. As it turns out, it does.

Recovering from the accident that most definitely killed him, Gideon finds himself with strange new powers and a bizarre cuff he can't remove. His death has brought to life his real destiny. He has become War, one of the legendary four horsemen of the apocalypse.

Over the coming weeks, he and the other horsemen--Conquest, Famine, and Death--are brought together by a beautiful but frustratingly secretive girl to help save humanity from an ancient evil on the emergence.

They fail.

Now--bound, bloodied, and drugged--Gideon is interrogated by the authorities about his role in a battle that has become an international incident. If he stands any chance of saving his friends and the girl he's fallen for--not to mention all of humankind--he needs to convince the skeptical government officials the world is in imminent danger.

But will anyone believe him?

 Why am I waiting? 

I haven't bothered to check out the synopsis before a few weeks back ... oh, what a terrible mistake! This book sounds freaking awesome and went straight to my TBR list. It seems like it goes on and on like that but I can't help it. Too amazing. Too excited! I really hope this'll be as great as I imagine it to be!

25 comments:

  1. Kinda fell out of love for Veronica Rossi coz I was not too excited with her first trilogy however, I LOOOVE the synopsis of Rides and I'm super excited!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh right, she wrote the Under the Never Sky series, right? So it's not good? I have it on my TBR list since FOREVER and always wanted to get it ... hmm.

      Delete
  2. I LOVED the Under the Never Sky trilogy. I was a little obsessed with it so I can't wait to get my hands on Riders. *grabby hands*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So it's good?! I have it on my TBR list for so long but never bought them ... ahhh.

      Delete
  3. I'm really curious about this one, too, Yvonne! Only a few more days, and you'll be able to get your hands on it. I hope you'll love it.
    Have a wonderful Wednesday and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I might need to wait a little longer ... NO NEW BOOKS IN FEBRUARY. *breathes heavily* Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  4. Love Veronica Rossi, can't wait for this one to come out!! I hope you end up loving it, great pick this week!
    here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you like it too! :D

      Delete
  5. I'm really excited for this as well!! I've never read Rossi's previous series but the 4 Horsemen really grab my attention on this one :D

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, I don't know ANYTHING about her other books but this one sounds too good! :D

      Delete
  6. Ah, definitely adding this to my list, love the premise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh that does sound good, hope it's an awesome read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too! Thanks for stopping by, Lily! :)

      Delete
  8. I got the chance to read an eARC of this one and I really liked it! I hope you like it, too! It's so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Yaaaas! That makes me even more excited to get my hands on it! :D

      Delete
  9. Oh my gosh, that sounds so awesome! I've seen the cover around but never bothered to read the synopsis but wow I NEED THAT LIKE YESTERDAY xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAAAME. There are so many books that I don't even check out properly ... I'm sure I'm missing out on a few really good ones but ohhhh well, not enough time, haha. :D

      Delete
  10. YES!! This one sounds so good! I'm excited for it too!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YESSSS I'm so excited for this! I love the whole concept of it. I hope we get to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too! It sounds great and I'm suuuuper excited!! :D

      Delete
  12. THIS SOUNDS AMAZING!!! ♥ Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lovely! And YES, I agree! It sounds freaking amazing!! <3

      Delete
  13. Oh I'm sooo looking forward to this one too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.