Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (#71): The Shadow Queen

 
Waiting on Wednesday  is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that booklovers can't wait to get their hands on!


Title: The Shadow Queen
Author: C.J. Redwine
Series: Ravenspire #1
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Retelling
Expected Publication Date: February 16th, 2016


Lorelai Diederich, crown princess and fugitive at large, has one mission: kill the wicked queen who took both the Ravenspire throne and the life of her father. To do that, Lorelai needs to use the one weapon she and Queen Irina have in common—magic. She’ll have to be stronger, faster, and more powerful than Irina, the most dangerous sorceress Ravenspire has ever seen.

In the neighboring kingdom of Eldr, when Prince Kol’s father and older brother are killed by an invading army of magic-wielding ogres, the second-born prince is suddenly given the responsibility of saving his kingdom. To do that, Kol needs magic—and the only way to get it is to make a deal with the queen of Ravenspire, promise to become her personal huntsman…and bring her Lorelai’s heart.

But Lorelai is nothing like Kol expected—beautiful, fierce, and unstoppable—and despite dark magic, Lorelai is drawn in by the passionate and troubled king. Fighting to stay one step ahead of the dragon huntsman—who she likes far more than she should—Lorelai does everything in her power to ruin the wicked queen. But Irina isn’t going down without a fight, and her final move may cost the princess the one thing she still has left to lose.

 Why am I waiting? 

I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED. Not only has this book a gorgeous cover but the blurb. GUYS. Read the blurb and tell me this doesn't sound amazing! I'm so intrigued and curious and just want to read this as soon as possible ... GIVE IT TO ME NOOOOW! I can't seem to get enough of retellings lately ... I just enjoy them immensely. ♥

27 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this one!! And it comes out so soon! Hopefully my library won't take months to order it! Great choice! My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So soon, yes! I'll have to wait till I get it (way too many books to read!) but I hope we'll both enjoy it! :D

      Delete
  2. This is a popular one! Love the cover and blurb. C.J is a awesome writer too so I'm excited for this. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I haven't read anything by her yet, so let's hope I still enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Great pick! I am really looking forward to reading this one too. It sounds like a good retelling and I love this cover!

    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeees! Exactly my thoughts! I'm super excited, haha. :D

      Delete
  4. Haha, awesome pick, my WoW buddy! ;) I really have a thing for retellings, so I just had to share this one and I'm totally sharing your enthusiasm!! :D

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier, and awesome pick again, hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Retellings are great! I'm highly enjoying them lately and can't get enough ... no matter how many I read, haha. :D

      Thanks for stopping by as well! :)

      Delete
  5. Yes!! This book has been on my radar for such a long time, and since I love the cover and think it sounds amazing, I can only hope that it lives up to the hype! great pick :)
    here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too, I've never read anything by the author before so I'm even more curious. :D

      Delete
  6. Gahh, so excited for this, as you know! :D I didn't realise it's coming out so soon, I might preorder it hehe. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goooosh! You'll read all the books before me, I know it! At least I can talk to you about them then ... and find out if they're worth my money, haha. :D ♥

      Delete
  7. I'm super excited for this one too! It feels like it's been on my waiting list forever. I love the Snow White elements in this story, anything with a twist on fairytales is a win for me.

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Snow White is actually one of the retellings I haven't read anything about yet - I hope it'll be great! :D

      Delete
  8. This is the book Rachel has featured today! It has such a GREAT cover! Happy reading.
    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, another WoW buddy! I totally agree on the cover ... it's stunning! <3

      Delete
  9. I want to read this one too, also Glass Sword. Hope you like it!!

    http://thebestbasicblogger.blogspot.com/2016/02/wishlist-winning-wednesday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glass Sword is the second book of Red Queen, right? Still have to read this one, ugh. It's been on my shelves for quite some time now ... I hope you'll enjoy it! :D

      Delete
  10. This sounds so awesome and I love the cover! I hope I'll love it when I get the chance to read it because with fantasy I either LOVE it or HATE it completely. So we'll see :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, really? Then I hope you'll LOVE it, haha. :D

      Delete
  11. I've read a previous CJ Redwine series and even though I enjoyed it, it felt kind of long to me. I do love the cover though! Hope you enjoy this one!

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long? As in it's a bit dragging? Or is it really LONG? :D I hope this one will live up to all the hype it gets!

      Delete
  12. I'm very much looking forward to this one too! I enjoy retellings. The cover is stunning too. Gorgeous blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks so much, Julie! ♥ I hope you'll enjoy it as well! :D

      Delete
  13. YES I NEED THIS BOOK SO BADLY I CANNOT EVEN BREATH. Okay, I will breath, because it doesn't come out forever. XD But stiiiill. <3 I love retellings and this one sounds AMAZING.
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEEES! Retellings are so, so interesting! I just love them a lot! I hope this one will be awesome as well! :D

      Thanks for stopping by as well! <3

      Delete
  14. YES!!! I am dying for this one too! :D

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.