Saturday, February 6, 2016

The Totally Should've Book Tag

The lovely Melissa @ In A Bookish World tagged me to do the TOTALLY SHOULD'VE tag - thanks a lot! I've seen this (and similar) tags on Youtube a few times and they're always great, so here I am joining the fun ... and desperately thinking about different answers to Melissa's! :D
____________________________________________________

1. Totally should’ve gotten a sequel

Okay, this seems like a super easy question but it's actually really hard?! Apparently I read mostly series so there's no need to ask for a sequel ... HELP - also recommend me a few great stand-alone's, please! So yeah ... of the few not-series I've read I would go for Shutter by Courtney Alameda! Such an amazing YA Horror book with brilliant and funny characters - I ADORED THIS AND WANT MORE!!!

2. Totally should’ve had a spin off series

The obvious answer to this would be Harry Potter *looks grumpily at Melissa* - it gives SO MUCH POTENTIAL. Buuuut ... different answers to Melissa's, so I'm going with The Collectors' Society by Heather Lyons! This one also has lots of potential and since there are SO MANY worlds and different characters, I would love to read this!

3. An author who totally should write more books

My first thought was Tahereh Mafi. Whatever this woman is going to write, I'll read it! Warner is my alltime favorite character and that proves a lot. I mean ... she created him. Imagine what else she can do; which other characters there'll be?! I'M DYING! SEND HELP!!!


4. A character who totally should’ve ended up with someone else

Oh man ... I have to say Alina Starkov from the Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo. Sorry, I just had a different ending in mind - one that involved some other guy and Alina. I don't want to mention names in case you haven't read it yet but this guy? He owned my heart! So much love for him. *sigh*

5. Totally should’ve ended differently

Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake. It's the second (and last) book in the Anna duology and was ... disappointing. Nothing like the first one and I even wrote in my review that I "could've thought of at least 2 alternate endings that I would've prefered" - I don't think I need to say more, right?

6. Totally should’ve had a movie franchise

A movie? Hmmm, book-to-movie adaptations almost never turn out as good as the books. However, I think that the Legend trilogy by Marie Lu would make a great movie(s)! Lots of action scenes and brilliant characters ... it would be really cool! Or Angelfall? Oh well, it depends on so many things.

7. Totally should’ve had a TV show

I'm terrible at this, ugh. Actually I don't know?! I love The Walking Dead and I think it was based on the comics but now the new Shadowhunters series started and ... well, the feedback is not really exciting. I haven't watched it (also haven't read the books) so I don't know anything about it but I'm mostly sceptical. However, I think that The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer would make an awesome tv show - with every new book it gets more complicated and new characters are being introduced ... just think of it for a second! I would totally watch this!


8. Totally should’ve had only one point of view

I have no idea. I'm sure there are some books with multiple POV's where the author could've just used one but I don't remember any? Lots of people go with Allegiant but I haven't read that one ... any other suggestions?

9. Totally should have a cover change

Umm, definitely The Maze Runner by James Dasher. At least the first book. It's just ... green. This could've been so much better, I think, so yeah ... please change it. *whispers* Although I don't care that much.

10. Totally should’ve stopped at book one three

I'm going to change this a little because The Selection series by Kiera Cass was alright and even though it's kinda stupid it's also addictive. The series should've stopped after the third book though. Weirdly enough, I enjoyed The Heir but I still think it's unnecessary. Like, I wouldn't have needed it? It wouldn't have bothered me if there was no fourth and fifth novel.


11. Totally should’ve kept the original covers

The Dark Elements series by Jennifer L. Armentrout because ... how about NO?! Those new covers look hideous! It looks like something I create with Paint - ugly font, white background and half the face of a model on the right side. Just no. I don't even get why someone thinks it's a good idea to change covers mid-series ... to EVEN WORSE LOOKING covers?! WHY DO YOU DO THIS?! Honestly, I don't get it.

__________________________________________________________________
 
Thanks again for tagging me, Melissa! Though questions but I had fun answering them! :D

I'm tagging ... 

26 comments:

  1. I would totally watch a tv show of The Lunar Chronicles. It would be so EPIC! And I hate the new covers of The Dark Elements too... which reminds me I still need to read the second book.

    I was also tagged by Melissa in this but haven't gotten to it yet and the one you tagged me for also. But I will get to them at some point! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't even read the first book, to be honest ... oh well. It sucks because my covers won't match so idk if I even WANT to get them, haha. :D

      Don't worry! I'll wait patiently! :P

      Delete
  2. Aah, I need to do this tag soon. But in the meanwhile, LOVE your post! I would watch a tv show on the lunar chronicles and I would challenge the writers to PLEASE FIX THE LAST PART. But considering I'm actually watching shadowhunters, I would DEFINITELY watch this! I WOULD ALSO TOTALLY READ ANY SPIN OFF FROM THE COLLECTORS' SOCIETY. <3 I don't agree on the Selection though, I thought the Heir was better than the The Elite and The Choice - not great, but still better. Haha. But I wasn't a huge fan of that series to begin with. (a) And I would agree with Legend and a movie series, it's just that with movies I'm always terribly afraid they will mess it up. But if they do a good job than YES PLEASE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, The Elite really wasn't that great, I agree ... I liked the last book but The Heir is something "entirely new" - not about Maxon and America - so yeah. Plus, Eadlyn wasn't a very likeable character ... I still have hope for her though. We'll see. :D

      Delete
  3. Tbh, I don't agree with your comment about The Selection! :p There's so much unanswered at the end of book three that a continuation was a bit obligated. But I do admit that the fourth book isn't brilliant :D

    PS: I really love the pictures you made for this post!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BUT couldn't she have written about someone else? Ugh. Why did it have to be Eadlyn, which was so very unlikeable?! I still have hope for her to become more but yeah, we'll see ...

      Thank you, sweetie!! ♥

      Delete
  4. I haven't read Shutter yet, but now I want to even more! As you know, I'm trying to read more horror (I'm halfway through The Shining right now), so I' love to read that one. Did you know Tahereh Mafi is writing another series, which comes out in August? I believe it's middle grade though, so I'm not sure if I'll be reading it, because that genre isn't really my thing. It's a shame there won't be another Warner!

    Denise | The Bibliolater

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, nice! How's The Shining so far? I hope you enjoy it! Shutter was really, really good in my opinion, so be sure to check it out soon! :D

      I've heard of Furthermore (if that's what you mean), yes! I didn't know it's a series though! I think I'll check it out, even though middle grade isn't a genre I'm used to read ... oh well, we'll see. :D

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for the tag!! I'll definitely do this one next week! :D I totally agree with you about The Selection series, by the way. And I'll probably be stealing your answer about Alina/other guy because I feel exactly the same way! (Although are we talking about the same other guy??)

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaay! So glad you'll do it, Tracy! :D I hope we're talking about the same guy? I'll tweet you once I'm finished here, I'm too curious now. :P

      Delete
  6. yes yes yes to tahereh mafi writing more books. i cANNOT wait for furthermore! i love love love this post :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yees! I'm so excited to see where she goes with Furthermore ... I guess it'll be completely different to the Shatter Me series (obviously) but probably equally amazing! :D

      Delete
  7. AHAHA I feel like it's a universal agreement that The Selection series has wayyy too many books xD
    Great job with answering - some of these were tricky questions!
    Geraldine @ Corralling Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently, haha. I'll still read the last book though ... like I said, they're addictive. :D Thanks so much, Geraldine! <3

      Delete
  8. Such a great post! HAHA, your #4 I TOTALLY KNOW WHO YOU'RE THINKING ;D I still haven't read any of the Selection series, but I'm kind of tempted to at least read the first one at some point... Although I really don't like the name American Singer x(

    Confession... I really don't like any of Jennifer Armentrout's book covers... Even the Lux series :( I don't like it when they use real people and don't like it when they show faces... Also that couple is on the cover of so many other books it doesn't make it special! Haha. xD

    Great post! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do?! Does that someone start with N? Then you know. :P The Selection is actually not that bad. Or well, it is but it's super addictive which makes them good again. Confusing, I know, and about the name: you'll get used to it! :D

      Not even the Lux ones? Really? These are the only ones I really like ... I don't even know why, I think they're cute but yes they're on SO MANY covers, haha. :D

      Delete
  9. I imagine you're excited about Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi, right? The cover is SO gorgeous! I'm eager to read it, because the premise hooked me. I agree so much with you for Alina Starkov, we all know this other character was PERFECT (but it means we can ship him with ourselves, right?). OMG yes, I would love to see Legend as a movie and The Lunar Chronicles as a TV show, so much potential here! And yeah... Shadowhunters is terrible, the dialogues are cringe-worthy... For The Selection, I feel the same as you do. I'll still read the Crown because I'm curious to see how it'll end but I have no interest in this author, like I won't read The Siren.

    I've seen this tag a lot, I might do it at some point, it is so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, yes!!! I agree, the cover looks so good! I love that it's so colorful and pretty! ♥ And omg yes. At least we can ship him with ourselves, haha.

      I'll also read the last book because I'm too curious how everything will end and how Eadlyn will change. God, I hope she'll change!!

      Yaay! I'd love to know your answers! :D <3

      Delete
  10. I totally agree with this post! I would be great if Tahereh writes more books and I'd adore to see Legend as a movie. And yes, The Selection totally should've stopped at three!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Preferably more books with characters like Warner though, haha. We'll see how her middle grade book will be but I'm almost 100% sure I'll love it! :D

      Delete
  11. *whispers* Alina should've ended up with Nikolai *cough* but that's none of my business :P
    THIS IS A GREAT TAG! I think I'm going to do it :) Love all your answers to these btw xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. She should've! Although I also shipped her with The Darkling at first ... I mean, how could I not? :P Yaaay! I'm glad you want to do it! I'm curious about your answers! ♥

      Delete
  12. I loooove this tag so much! Although I have to think of the answers. I totally think Allegiant should be written from one POV, the dual POV spoiled me for the ending and I'm still bitter about it hahaha. I haven't read most of these, but I strongly agree with Tahereh writing more books. I can't wait for Furthermore, her next series (hopefully a series). Freaking love your answers! This seems like so much fun. Thanks for tagging me pretty♥

    Jumana @ Books by Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sweetie! ♥ I'm looking forward to your answers, ahhh! :D

      Delete
  13. totally agree with all your answers. the selection should've been a trilogy, and in my opinion of poseidon by anna banks, also should've stopped at book 2. of neptune totally ruined it for me. omg i'd love to see legend on screen, like seeing june and day wreaking havoc everywhere! and yes alina! i just can't believe she ended up with that guy?? i ship darklina so bad!

    tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Poseidon just heard about it a few times, I think. But YES to the Legend movie! It could be SO good! And I shipped Darklina as well ... at the beginning. Well maybe also towards the end but then Nikolai entered the picture and I was all over him. :P

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥