Saturday, February 20, 2016

Book Cover Awards 2016

Welcome, everyone! Thanks for tuning in for today's episode of the BOOK COVER AWARDS 2016! Yes, it's that time of the year again ... we're having a look at some of the prettiest book covers that 2016 has to offer so far! I'll introduce you to our nominees and ask them a few questions so you can get to know them better. Sounds great? Let's do this!

The Nominees



Aren't they magnificent? I'm very excited to welcome you all here, my dears. I hope you'll have a great time and enjoy each others company. In the meantime, I'll walk around and ask you a few questions, so our viewers can get to know you a little better!

Truthwitch, hello my dear, it's so good to see you. What do you think about your competitors?

Truthwitch: *looks around room* Which competitors? I see none. No one here stands a chance against me, that's obvious, isn't it? And if they try ... well, I'll let them have a close-up look at my daggers, surely they'll understand my message.

Yes, my dear. I'm sure they'll understand that. I certainly did. I wish you good luck! *moves on* Here we have Riders, good evening! Why do you think you'll win?

Riders: Well, obviously I'm hot. Just look at all the flames and tell me that someone else here is hotter than me. You can't, right? Right. I'm strong, I look good and people will surely appreciate this.

*Reign of Shadows laughs quietly*

I don't think you approve of Riders answer, Reign? What makes YOU special?

Reign of Shadows: Who doesn't like flowers and nature? I think there's so much power out there and the fact that I'm not a bright cover shows that I can be dangerous too ... you won't know what's coming at you until it already happened.

Riders: Oh please, you're nothing. I'll stomp on you and you'll burn. That's what'll happen to YOU if I'm coming for you.

Now, now, we don't want to fight. How about you two get some refreshments while I continue on my round? I'll see you later!

Wow, The Raven King. It's such an honor to have you here tonight. Should I bow? *chuckles* I'd like to ask you something. According to you, who has the best chances to win? Besides you, of course.

The Raven King: Thank you very much, but there's no need. *grins* I think we all stand a chance. We're pretty mixed and people love different things, so it could be anyone to win this award. There are lots of different characters and I already see some of them fighting but ... honestly, it's up to the people to decide. It could be anyone.

That's a wise answer. I wish you all the best, King. Oh, and who do we have here? Welcome, The Love That Split The World! Are you excited to be a part of this event?

The Love That Split The World: Absolutely! I've never been a part of something so wonderful before and it's so great to see so many famous covers! Like, I already wanted to ask a few for a picture with me but I'm way too shy, haha.

Oh sweetheart, there's no need to be shy - I'm sure they'd love to take a picture with you! I'm glad to have you here and hope you'll have a good time!

*touches heart* My, oh my ... what a gorgeous view. Hello And I Darken, you're looking GORGEOUS today. The people always wanted to know what you do in your freetime. Can you enlighten us?

And I Darken: Why, thank you! In my freetime? I guess I like to kick ass and defend my loved ones again whoever wants to do them harm. Honestly, fighting is one of my favorite things and I think I'm quite good at it so that's what I love to do. Simple as that.

I knew you're a strong one and I would definitely want to have you on my team if we're ever facing something bad! Have a great evening, my dear.

Ahh and here are our last two - Nevernight and Bright Smoke, Cold Fire -, welcome! Now you both are quite an eyecatcher and look very mysterious ... and scary. How come? *laughs nervously*

Nevernight: You think I'm scary? *walks closer* Well, maybe I am. Maybe you should be careful around me because I can slit your throat with this beautiful, bloody dagger before you can scream for help. And no one will know it was me ... I'm good at vanishing quickly. *takes a step back* Beware.

Bright Smoke, Cold Fire: She's just doing this for show, honestly. But I'd like to talk more about you, I don't really talk about myself ... that's part of being the mysterious one. *winks*

Well, I hope you're right. Maybe we can chat some more the next time - I'd love to! Please enjoy your time here and have fun!

The Voting


Alright people, that was everyone! I hope it gave you a little more insight in who's here tonight. I would like you to give your vote on WHICH IS YOUR FAVORITE COVER by checking your choice in the poll down below. It's completely anonymous but as usual I would love to hear your thoughts on our beloved guests today - you can send letters or simply use the comment section!

What's your FAVORITE cover?
Riders
Truthwitch
Reign of Shadows
The Raven King
The Love That Split The World
And I Darken
Nevernight
Bright Smoke, Cold Fire
Poll Maker


That's it for tonights episode on the BOOK AWARDS 2016! Check back on the 29th of February to when we reveal the results and crown our winner! Until then ... judge books by their covers! :D

22 comments:

  1. This is great, Yvonne! Loved this <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so hard to choose! But after long thinking I decided for beautifully mysterious cover of Nevernight :) Typography, which absolutely gorgeous, won me over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The typography looks indeed great! I can't wait to read this, it looks kinda creepy, haha :D

      Delete
  3. Great post! Ehh, so hard to choose! I had three favorites. Truthwitch, Reign of Shadows, but I voted The Raven King in the end, because I love the simplicity and elegance of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci, Maaike! ♥ That's one of my favorites as well ... I love the blue and well, it just looks awesome! :D

      Delete
  4. this was hilarious! I think the Raven King definitely takes the trophy here it's just absolutely magnificent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see who wins this, haha. Whoever does, it's deserved because they're ALL gorgeous!

      Delete
  5. Such a great post, Yvonne! My favorite definitely is Bright Smoke, Cold Fire. I'm practically obsessed with that cover! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *bows* Thank you, my dear! :D IT LOOKS GREEEAT, RIGHT?! So pretty!

      Delete
  6. this post was so fun & creative! I totally loved it. :) Each one has such perf personalities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gabi! :D I was so worried it would come across as VERY weird, haha. This means a lot! ♥

      Delete
  7. You choose some beautiful books! Your post made me laugh when you interviewed all the different covers, like TLTSTW: "I want a picture with the others", hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAAAS! I'm glad you liked it! Thanks so much, Lucie! :D

      Delete
  8. This is such a cool post, Yvonne! I am jealous I didn't think it before! LOL. :*
    Just voted!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you had the books 'talking'! That was so cool! Love this feature :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, thank you Geraldine! I thought it would be weird but also kind of funny so yeah ... glad you like it! :D

      Delete
  10. It's so hard to vote, Yvonne! And these books are pretty much convincing. Book Beauty Pageant ftw! do more of these. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I thought it would be so weird. :D Thank you! ♥

      Delete
  11. It's so hard to choose only one! Those covers are all gorgoeus!

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aah, so many pretty covers! I love the sass in Riders' voice but I think my favourite cover is probably And I Darken :)

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥