Friday, January 1, 2016

WRAP UP: December

IT'S 2016!!! Happy New Year! I hope you all had a great time celebrating the new year ... I'm looking forward to it! :D Also, I just realized that I uploaded my "2015 wrapup" but not the one from December, haha. It's been a close call to finish my Goodreads challenge but thanks to 2 lovely novellas and one super short audiobook I was able to finish it, wohoo! Besides that I read 3 books, so let's have a look at them! :)

These Broken Stars, November 9, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and ebooks on kindle
______________________________________________________
Reviews can be read by clicking on the title of the book! I linked them all! :) Rest of the reviews to come!
  1. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll - ★★★★☆ +0.5
  2. Love and Decay: Revolution (Episode 1) by Rachel Higginson - ★★★☆☆ +0.5
  3. November 9 by Colleen Hoover - ★★★☆☆
  4. Nicht Einschlafen by Sebastian Fitzek (audiobook) - ★★☆☆☆
  5. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner - ★★★☆☆ +0.5
  6. The Healer by Virginia Boecker (novella) - ★★★★☆

14 comments:

  1. One of my 2016 goals is to buy that edition of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great plan! It's not even that expensive ... I paid 6€ for it on Amazon! :D

      Delete
  2. I also read These Broken Stars in December and rated it 3 stars, it was okay read but I expected much more from it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly my thoughts ... everyone hyped it so much, so I was expecting something EPIC but it was only average. Sadly. I'm still going to read the other books sometime. :D

      Delete
  3. Oh, only 3 stars for These Broken Stars? Sorry you did not like it that much. I just finished it as well and LOVED it ;-)

    Cheers
    Kati

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you loved it! For me it was just average ... I probably expected too much/something different, oh well. :D

      Delete
  4. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland is one that I definitely want to read this year! I love your wrap ups. I've just followed you on Bloglovin' too! :)

    Becky; www.rebeccamarie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth it! There are so many beautiful editions available and the story is just great. Definitely one of my favorite classics! :D

      And thanks so much, Rebecca! I'm glad you enjoy them! ♥

      Delete
  5. Woaah, 3 out of 5 stars for a CoHo book?? That is surprising. Why is that? I'd love to know. Also this picture is soo pretty I love it!! Tell me all about November 9 :)♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, where do I even start with this ... I was super disappointed as well - it's the FIRST CoHo book I rated with less than 4.5/5 stars!! But yeah, it just wasn't my thing. *sigh* Ben, the main male characters, was MOSTLY okay but I didn't really feel much for him and overall it was just average ... I don't know. Have you read it? :D

      Delete
  6. I felt exactly the same way about These Broken Stars! (I think I gave it the same rating). It was good, but I don't understand why some people have called it their favourite book, and are raving about it so much. I'm glad you managed to meet your Goodreads goal, Yvonne!

    Denise | The Bibliolater

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I guess that's why I had so high expectations - everyone kept telling me it's SO GOOD but yeah ... no. Will you read the other books of the series though?

      Thanks so much, Denise! :D ♥

      Delete
  7. Happy new year to you too! I haven't read any of those books but These Broken Stars is in my TBR pile so hopefully I'll get around to it this year :) Also, congrats on meeting your Goodreads goal!

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Zareena! I hope you'll like it!! :D

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥