Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (#70): Blackhearts

 
Waiting on Wednesday  is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that booklovers can't wait to get their hands on!


Title: Blackhearts
Author: Nicole Castroman
Series: Stand-alone
Genre: Young Adult, Historical Fiction, Retellings
Expected Publication Date: February 9th, 2016


Blackbeard the pirate was known for striking fear in the hearts of the bravest of sailors. But once he was just a young man who dreamed of leaving his rigid life behind to chase adventure in faraway lands. Nothing could stop him—until he met the one girl who would change everything.

Edward "Teach" Drummond, son of one of Bristol's richest merchants, has just returned from a year-long journey on the high seas to find his life in shambles. Betrothed to a girl he doesn’t love and sick of the high society he was born into, Teach dreams only of returning to the vast ocean he’d begun to call home. There's just one problem: convincing his father to let him leave and never come back.

Following her parents' deaths, Anne Barrett is left penniless and soon to be homeless. Though she’s barely worked a day in her life, Anne is forced to take a job as a maid in the home of Master Drummond. Lonely days stretch into weeks, and Anne longs for escape. How will she ever realize her dream of sailing to Curaçao—where her mother was born—when she's stuck in England?

From the moment Teach and Anne meet, they set the world ablaze. Drawn to each other, they’re trapped by society and their own circumstances. Faced with an impossible choice, they must decide to chase their dreams and go, or follow their hearts and stay.

 Why am I waiting? 

I'm not 100% sure whether this is something for me or not but the blurb sounds interesting and intrigued me. I guess I'll find out once I get to read it, right? I've never read anything with pirates involved, as far as I remember, so this is uncharted territory for me. I'm curious though, so bring it on! :D

19 comments:

  1. This sounds tragic a bit, and tough too and I imagine the author is going to put them through the wringer! I am curious how a romance on the surface ends up as an origin story for Blackbear though. Here's mine: http://editingeverything.com/blog/2016/01/27/wow-the-lie-tree/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm super intrigued by this and already can't wait to read it! Thanks for stopping by, Verushka! :D

      Delete
  2. I'm intrigued by this one too and looking forward to reading it. :-D

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you'll like it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Yes! I'm so excited to read this one as well. It sounds So good, and there just aren't enough pirate books in the world. :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you read others yet? It's my first and I'm really nervous? Like, pirates are so cool and I don't want to be disappointed, haha. :D

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to read this book. It sounds so good and I loooove pirates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pirates are indeed super awesome!!! I hope you'll love it - I GUESS you'll get to it sooner than me. :P

      Delete
  5. Love pirates and the sense of adventure in this one. Hope you enjoy it when you get to read it :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope it turns out great! :D Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I'm with you in that I don't really read much with pirates, but the blurb does sound pretty awesome for this one! i hope we both end up enjoying it :)
    here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too, haha. It SOUNDS pretty promising so yeah ... we'll see. :P

      Delete
  7. This looks really interesting, i love retellings for this is right up my street! I haven't really read many pirate books but am hoping that they are good? We'll see soon enough, great pick! :)

    Sanna @ Fanciful Fictions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Retellings are GREAT! I've been highly enjoying them lately and can't get enough! It's like an addiction!!! If you ever read it, I hope you'll like it as well. :D

      Delete
  8. I've not read a pirate book before but for some reason this is on my list as well. I hope it's as good as everyone is anticipating.

    My WoW @ LazyBookLovers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I hope we won't be disappointed ... if I am, it'll probably be my first & last pirate book. I don't know. :D Thanks for stopping by! ♥

      Delete
  9. This sounds so interesting! I've been keeping an eye out for it ever since I first heard about the book! ~Riv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I can't wait for reviews to pop up everywhere so I can see whether I'd like it or not!

      Delete
  10. It sounds like a great book❤️❤️❤️

    - Alicia (hashtaglovebooks.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥