Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (#69): The Love That Split the World

 
Waiting on Wednesday  is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that booklovers can't wait to get their hands on!


Title: The Love That Split the World
Author: Emily Henry
Series: Stand-alone
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance
Expected Publication Date: January 26th, 2016


Natalie Cleary must risk her future and leap blindly into a vast unknown for the chance to build a new world with the boy she loves.

Natalie’s last summer in her small Kentucky hometown is off to a magical start... until she starts seeing the “wrong things.” They’re just momentary glimpses at first—her front door is red instead of its usual green, there’s a pre-school where the garden store should be. But then her whole town disappears for hours, fading away into rolling hills and grazing buffalo, and Nat knows something isn’t right.

That’s when she gets a visit from the kind but mysterious apparition she calls “Grandmother,” who tells her: “You have three months to save him.” The next night, under the stadium lights of the high school football field, she meets a beautiful boy named Beau, and it’s as if time just stops and nothing exists. Nothing, except Natalie and Beau.

 Why am I waiting? 

I'm not really into time travel story - never have been - but I'm willing to give this book a try! The cover looks abolutely amazing and the blurb definitely intrigued me. I've read some early reviews and they were all amazed and loved it to pieces ... obviously I have higher expectations now and I wonder if I'll be disappointed. I hope not! ;)

24 comments:

  1. I just finished this book recently, and it was definitely different than many other time travel books I've read so far. I love the cover. :) Great pick! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Different is good, right? That gives me hope, haha. Maybe I could REALLY like a time travel book then. :D

      Thanks for stopping by, Christy!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to read this book. It sounds SO good! *grabby hands*

    My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really, really, REALLY hope it will be good! :D

      Delete
  3. I've heard SO many good things about this book from people who've already read it! I've already preordered it and I can't wait until it comes out! Great post!<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, you have?! Then you'll probably read it before me, so I'll have to check out your review, haha. :D I hope you'll like it!

      Delete
  4. I NEED to read this one as soon as possible! It sounds so awesome, and all the early praise has made me hopeful that it'll be really good. Plus, the cover is gorgeous! Hope we love it when we read it, and great pick, Yvonne!
    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Maybe this is the book that gets me into reading some other time travel stories ... I'd love that! They always SEEM super interesting. :D

      Delete
  5. I have so many good things about this book, it is on my growing tbr list, Nice pick!!
    http://thebestbasicblogger.blogspot.com/2016/01/wishlist-winning-wednesday-3-glass-theme.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I hope you'll like it if you ever read it! Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  6. I've heard so many great things about this book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh yes! It's good but also ... not? I don't want to have too high expectations, hmmm. Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  7. I need to check this one out! Generally, I'm not a huge fan of time travel either, but this one sounds cool! Great find, Yvonne! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy how alike our tastes are, haha. I hope we'll love it both if we ever read it! :D

      Delete
  8. I've seen this one around a lot! I think I'll wait to read some reviews first, so I'll look forward to yours! ;)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm probably doing the same ... especially since there are SO MANY other ones that I need to read first. :P Thanks for stopping by, Tracy!

      Delete
  9. That sounds really interesting! Different from my usual fare, but I might give it a try as well! Thanks for sharing!

    Ally @ The Scribbling Sprite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, I hope you'll enjoy it if you read it! :D

      Delete
  10. I have never read anything like this before. It is definitely intriguing me though. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it intirigues you! Hopefully it'll be good and worth it in the end, haha. :D

      Delete
  11. This sounds like such a unique and wonderful idea for a story! Hopefully it ends up being as amazing as it sounds. xD Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous pick! ♥

    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too, oh my god. I hate getting disappointed, haha. Thank you, Zoe! ♥

      Delete
  12. I've only seen good reviews for this too! SQUEEE!! I'M SO RIDICULOUSLY EXCITED. Also that cover. I know I'm shallow but...I 90% want this for the gorgeousness of that cover and title. XD <3

    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, I totally understand you. :P The cover is super pretty and to be honest ... it's why I initially added it to my TBR list, haha. :D

      Thanks for stopping by as well! <3

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥