Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (#68): Shallow Graves

 
Waiting on Wednesday  is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that booklovers can't wait to get their hands on!


Title: Shallow Graves
Author: Kali Wallace
Series: Stand-alone
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal, Horror
Expected Publication Date: January 26th, 2016


When seventeen-year-old Breezy Lin wakes up in a shallow grave one year after her death, she doesn’t remember who killed her or why. All she knows is that she’s somehow conscious—and not only that, she’s able to sense who around her is hiding a murderous past. In life, Breezy was always drawn to the elegance of the universe and the mystery of the stars. Now she must set out to find answers and discover what is to become of her in the gritty, dangerous world to which she now belongs—where killers hide in plain sight and a sinister cult is hunting for strange creatures like her. What she finds is at once empowering, redemptive, and dangerous.

 Why am I waiting? 

Once again I'm participating in the Horror Challenge hosted by Tracy & Stormi and found out about this book from their newsletter. I'm always on the hunt for some interesting (YA) horror books and thought this would be great - I hope I can get this as soon as possible ... although it'll be hard. We'll see, I'm looking forward to it! :D

16 comments:

  1. I'm lovin' the sound of this book. Thanks for sharing!

    Keely @ The Ink Blot

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!! I'm super excited for this one too! It looks amazing :D

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeees!!! Thanks for telling us about it in the newsletter - I love it btw! :D

      Delete
  3. Aah, yes!! I am so excited about Shallow Graves, although a negative review I read a while back may have lessened my excitement :/ But I hope we both love this one. Great pick, Yvonne!

    My WoW

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not having such high expectations is probably better ... that way you can't be TOO disappointed, haha. I hope it'll be good though! Thanks for stopping by, lovely! ♥

      Delete
  4. This sounds really good. I hope you enjoy reading it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read and reviewed this one recently and enjoyed it a lot! I hope you enjoy it when you get around to it. :) P.S. your blog looks so nicely put together! I'm a new follower. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? YAAAS! So glad you liked it! And thank you so much! *hugs* ♥ Welcome to this crazy place, haha. :D

      Delete
  6. I'm looking forward to this one too! It sounds quite creepy and I like the fact the main character can sense people who are hiding a shady past. Love the cover as well! Great pick :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's super interesting, right? I hope the author made it plausible, so it makes sense ... we'll see. :P

      Delete
  7. I've seen this around and have never stopped to actually read what it's about....IT SOUNDS SO GOOD. Definitely adding it to my TBR!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I'm glad you like the sound of it, Brooke! I hope you'll enjoy it if you get to read it. :D

      Delete
  8. I have heard consistent amazing reviews for this books, so I can't wait to get my hand on it!
    I also love your blog design <3 Eisfrei's resources are so pretty!

    Aentee at Read at Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read the synopsis for this before, but it sounds really interesting! I hope you love it when you get to it! :D Great pick!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥