Sunday, January 24, 2016

Instagram tags (#1): My bookish tea party!

Happy Sunday everyone! On Instagram, I was tagged to do the #bookishteaparty tag where you choose 7 characters that I would want to have a tea party with. I thought it would be nice to go a little more into detail as of why I chose these characters, so yeah, let me introduce you to my guests! :D


The Guestlist


- Lola from Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
I would choose Lola to be a part of my little tea party because I think she just fits in there. She's quirky, unique and a fun girl to hang out with, I think. That she's "different" than most people could change the whole dynamic of this get-together and could lead to some interesting moments!

- The Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
Such an obvious choice! There's no tea party without the Hatter himself, right? He would bring the perfect amount of chaos into this little group and that he's a pro at giving tea parties makes this it even more fun! I can imagine him trying to talk to some guests while they just stare at him completely confused, haha. :D

- Sydney Sage from the Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead
First of all, Sydney would bring her own coffee to this tea party! I can see her with a travel mug from Starbucks in her hands or maybe one that Adrian made her before she left? HOW CUTE WOULD THAT BE?! She's a great character, awesome friend and I feel like she'd have a lot of fun. Hopefully.

- Cam Hamilton from Wait For You by J. Lynn
Cam would bring all the delicious baked goods for our tea party. Well, at least some of them. Cookies, banana bread and lots of other things that just want to be devoured by everyone! He's also an extremely cute guy, very charming and easy to talk to ... the girls would love him. :P

- Thorne Carswell from the Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer
I don't know much about Thorne but would love to get to know him better. What I do know is that he's very funny, outgoing, charismatic and loves to tease people! He would probably make everyone laugh so they're all having a great time - of course I would want him to attend the party!

- Hermione Granger from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
I was thinking about inviting Ron first but went with Hermione because you can talk to her about anything and everything. She's super intelligent and knows a lot but is also an amazing characters that I'd like to be friends with. Also, I feel like she would have an amazing talk with Sydney!

- Aaron Warner from the Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi
There's no anything without my bae. *heart eyes* Obviously I would drag him along, just so I can stare at him forever. I would try to engage in conversation with the others but I'm 99% sure it won't work because I'll only have eyes for him. As of Warner I can imagine that he'll (obviously) want to spend some time with me alone, so we're on the same page. *cough* Oh well ... duty calls and since it's MY tea party, I'll have to be present. Later though ... later, Warner. ♥ (I know, I'm weird.)

My terrible attempt at being creative

As if there's not enough reason to think I'm weird ... here we go! It's horrible, I know, but I also thought it could be funny? Obviously I thought so before I drew this ... I mean, yeah. Anyway, they're not wearing any clothes because like this it's already stupid enough, haha.

____________________________________________________________________

And lastly, who would YOU invite to your tea party? Tell me in the comments below! Or if you want to do this as well, feel tagged and link me back to your post - I would love to know who your guests would be! :D

18 comments:

  1. Ohh I love Thorne and Aaron <3 Good choices! I'd invite Arthur Weasley, just because I think it'd be really funny how amazed he'd be at all of the muggle stuff. He is def one of my favorite HP characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh that's such a great idea! Didn't even cross my mind but now that you mention it he would fit in there so well! :D

      Delete
  2. Haha Sydney would SO bring her own coffee! I think I would invite Magnus Bane for no other reason than that the tea party would be a hoot with him. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! That's the first thing I though of, haha. I don't know Magnus (from what book is he again?!) but I guess he could come as well. :P

      Delete
  3. Hah, tough one. Great choices, btw! I think I'd invite Elizabeth Bennet, Tyrion Lannister, Haymitch Abernathy, Hazel Grace Lancaster, Ginny Weasley and (I'm picking this one from the previous comment) Magnus Bane. I think this would be REAL interesting. Haha. Very sharp, intelligent, strong-minded people with a really great sense of (sarcastic) humor. I'd love to go to a tea party with them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I really like your guests! I mean, I don't know everyone but hey, I could get to know them, right? You're inviting me as well, aren't you? :P

      Delete
  4. Hahahaha I looove your drawing!! And your guests! This would be an interesting tea party.
    My guests would be Damon black, Warner and Dorian from Throne of Glass. All the hotties at once, I'd want it to last forever hahaha♥
    I think I might even do this tag, LOVED IT! Sooo fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goood, I would definitely invite them as well but ughhhh, how would I be able to talk to everyone else when they're around?! I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO CONCENTRATE!!! :D

      Yay! You should! I'm looking forward to it! ♥

      Delete
  5. Can I come to YOUR PARTY TOO??!?! *quietly invites self to sit between Hatter and Hermione* XD This is such a great mash up of characters and, omg Warner. <3 But also Hermione would be just SO FUN to talk with. She'd know everything. :')

    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OF COURSE! *pours a cup of tea & brings cake* You like Warner too?! ANOTHER ONE! WARNER ARMY! ♥ I really want this to happen ... just ugh, it would be awesome!

      Thanks for stopping by, Cait! :)

      Delete
  6. Ooh, these are some good choices! A tea party with Aaron... yes please!! That would be amazing! (also, the girl in the drawing is obviously ME, who else would it be?!). I'm not sure I would invite Sydney though (I recently read and reviewed Bloodlines, and I really didn't like her tbh!)... she seems too boring for me!

    Denise | The Bibliolater

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh no, that's OBVIOUSLY me, hahaha. :P I still need to read your review - I'll do that in a minute - but I'm sad to hear you didn't like her ... she's so much different in the later books so I HOPE she'll grow on you! ;)

      Delete
  7. I can see Thorne making fun of everyone and lighting up the room - definitely a good choice! His banter with Hermione would surely be epic. The only one I think you forgot to mention is me (please, can I come?). Love the drawing btw :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you can come as well - the more, the better! :D Gosh, I didn't even think of Hermione and Thorne's bantering ... YES PLEASE! ♥

      Thanks for stopping by! <3

      Delete
  8. OMG Yvonne I laughed so hard, you are too cute with your love for Aaron!!! ♥ I seriously need to read the Shatter Me series by how much you are talking about him xDD I would love to go to that tea party!! Ugh, who would I invite to mine? WELL, obviously you of courseeeee... Then probably Safiya, Iseult, Aeduan, and Merik (all the Truthwitch characters because clearly I'm not over the book yet), Celaena/Aelin, Rowan, Rhysand, Sharzhard, Khalid, Penryn, Raffe, The Darkling. Okay, I haven't given this much thought and just threw a bunch of my favourite characters out there LOL. Amazing post!! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaron is like the best character ever for me! I know there are loads of people who DON'T like him because of the things he did in the beginning but ... I JUST CAN'T HELP IT. ♥

      YAY! So glad to be a part of your tea party because ... AMAZING. I would love the get to know all the Truthwitch characters (I need to read the book asap) and RHYSAND! THE DARKLING! RAFFE! Can I just squeeze in there? Between Rhysand and ... idk, either The Darkling or Raffe. God, please. :D ♥

      Delete
  9. First, I love the photo with Mrs.Potts and Chip,perfect for a tea party, Now I agree with the Mad Hatter and Hermione, I don't know any other characters here (yet) but this was such a cute idea!! And your drawing is WAYYY better than what I could do...LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, right?! I cannot imagine a tea party WITHOUT the Hatter! And thanks, haha. :D

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥