Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#65): Queen of Hearts

 
Waiting on Wednesday  is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that booklovers can't wait to get their hands on!


Title: Queen of Hearts
Author: Colleen Oakes
Series: Queen of Hearts Saga #1
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Retelling 
Expected Publication Date: May 3rd, 2016


As Princess of Wonderland Palace and the future Queen of Hearts, Dinah’s days are an endless monotony of tea, tarts, and a stream of vicious humiliations at the hands of her father, the King of Hearts. The only highlight of her days is visiting Wardley, her childhood best friend, the future Knave of Hearts — and the love of her life.

When an enchanting stranger arrives at the Palace, Dinah watches as everything she’s ever wanted threatens to crumble. As her coronation date approaches, a series of suspicious and bloody events suggests that something sinister stirs in the whimsical halls of Wonderland. It’s up to Dinah to unravel the mysteries that lurk both inside and under the Palace before she loses her own head to a clever and faceless foe.

Part epic fantasy, part twisted fairy tale, this dazzling saga will have readers shivering as Dinahs furious nature sweeps Wonderland up in the maelstrom of her wrath.

Familiar characters such as Cheshire, the White Rabbit, and the Mad Hatter make their appearance, enchanting readers with this new, dark take on Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland.
 

Why am I waiting?

I just recently read Alice Adventures in Wonderland and have always been a huge fan of it, so OF COURSE I have to read this (hopefully) great piece of awesomeness. The blurb sounds really, really cool and intriguing and I also like the cover a lot. Please, please, please be a good book!

20 comments:

  1. I already attempted to read this book last year but it turned out to be a DNF for me. I just really didn't like it. But hope if you get it, you'll like it better!

    My WOW!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uhhhh, really? DNF? That's not so promising, ugh. I just HOPE I'll still enjoy it. Oh well. :D

      Delete
    2. Yeah... but since it's being re-released maybe they changed some things, I don't know. I just couldn't stick with it at that time.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, I heard of that ... I hope they'll change some things but then again I wouldn't know how it was before. Oh well, we'll see. :D

      Delete
  2. This looks so amazing! It comes out the day after my birthday - fate or coincidence? ;D

    I'ma new follower! Your blog background is so cuteee!


    Check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, cool! It comes out a day BEFORE my birthday, haha. :D Thank you for stopping by & following! <3

      Delete
  3. Oh this sounds good and I LOVE that cover it's so different! Thank you for sharing this one! :) Have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like a card, I love this! Hopefully it'll be as good as the cover, haha. :D Have a great holiday too! <3

      Delete
  4. Was this self-published before, and now being released by Harper Teen? Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think? I'm not sure, to be honest. It's been out for over a year or something. Thank you! Merry Christmas! ♥

      Delete
  5. Ooh this is a popular one! Love that artsy cover and the blurb is intriguing. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you! The cover looks really cool - I'm excited! :) Merry Christmas, Shane! ♥

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh this sounds amazing!! I love Alice in Wonderland retellings and it's been ages since I read one so this is going straight on the TBR list :D Thanks so much for sharing, Yvonne!

    My WoW

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeees! Alice' retellings are ALWAYS awesome! You could also read "The Collectors' Society" by Heather Lyons, if you haven't already - it's SO GOOD!!!

      Merry Christmas, Zareena! Have a lovely holiday! ♥

      Delete
  7. I am quite excited for this book as well! I just got it from Edelweiss, which is pretty exciting. I hope you enjoy this book when you read it!

    Happy holidays, Yvonne. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, I hope you enjoy it as well!! Happy holidays! ♥

      Delete
  8. Hi! I wanted to let you know that the 2015 Horror Reading Challenge wrap up and giveaway has been posted! Check it out here!

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, awesome! Thanks so much, Tracy! I'll do my post later - it's been a lot of fun! Happy holidays! ♥

      Delete
  9. Sounds interesting for sure. I love me some re-tellings! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're awesome reads, I agree! Thanks for stopping by, Eve! Have a great holiday! :) ♥

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.