Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#64): This Savage Song

 
Waiting on Wednesday  is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that booklovers can't wait to get their hands on!


Title: This Savage Song
Author: Victoria Schwab
Series: Monsters of Verity #1
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy 
Expected Publication Date: June 7th, 2016


The city of Verity has been overrun with monsters, born from the worst of human evil. In North Verity, the Corsai and the Malchai run free. Under the rule of Callum Harker, the monsters kill any human who has not paid for protection. In the South, Henry Flynn hunts the monsters who cross the border into his territory, aided by the most dangerous and darkest monsters of them all—the Sunai, dark creatures who use music to steal their victim’s souls.

As one of only three Sunai in existence, August Flynn has always wanted to play a bigger role in the war between the north and the south. When the chance arises to keep an eye on Kate Harker, daughter of the leader of North Verity, August jumps on it.
When Kate discovers August’s secret, the pair find themselves running for their lives and battling monsters from both sides of the wall. As the city dissolves into chaos, it’s up to them to foster a peace between monsters and humans.
 

Why am I waiting?

Dark creatures who use music to steal their victim's souls - OH MY GOOOD, THIS SOUNDS AMAZING! I still haven't read ANY book by Victoria Schwab (shame on me, I KNOW) but at least I own ADSOM and am really excited to read this book. Well, as soon as I saw This Savage Song, I added it immediately to my TBR list - Victoria Schwab is a favorite among so many booklovers, so I trust them all right now. I CAN'T WAIT!!

26 comments:

  1. I recently read a V.E. Schwab book and now I am interested in all her books. Oh, and new follower. Happy reading! :)

    Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor: BLOG || VLOG
    Waiting on Wednesdays || GIVEAWAY: Hardcover of Faking Normal by Courtney Stevens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, that's awesome! I can't wait to find out what all the hype is about - she seems to write great books! :D

      Thanks for stopping by & following, Kim! <3

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any book by her either but really LOVING the sound of this one. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIIIIGHT?! Do you have her other book(s) on your TBR as well? I really need to read "A Darker Shade of Magic" soon.

      Delete
  3. I haven't read this author's books but this sounds good :) Thanks for stopping by, Yvonne!

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it really does! So excited! Thanks for stopping by as well! :D

      Delete
  4. I haven't read any of her books either...but they are all on my TBR! My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, haha. There are just TOO many books on my TBR list ... oh my. :D

      Delete
  5. Oh! Oh! This is my WoW in a few weeks time. XDDD I have yet to read a Victoria Schwab book too and I plan to rectify it in the coming year. All of her books are on my TBR list.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, haha! I hope I can get to her books as soon as possible ... so many people love them and I feel like I'm missing out on something if I don't read them. :P

      Delete
  6. YES! This was almost my WoW today too! It looks so good!! I hope you love it :D

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though it was just ALMOST your WoW, I still hope you'll love it too! :P

      Delete
  7. Love, love, love Victoria Schwab so I cannot wait for this one too! Great choice and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by as well! I hope I'll love them too! :D

      Delete
  8. I am in awe of Victoria Schwab. I swear, I was just seeing the conclusion to one of her series on a WOW just the other week and she has another book out? WOW. TY for coming by on mine earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I already have so high expectations and am A LITTLE worried that I'll be disappointed ... we'll see. :P

      Delete
  9. I haven't read any of her books either! This sounds amazing and definitely will be checking it out :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAAS! Could be something for you, so I hope you'll read/like it! :P

      Delete
  10. Oh, what an AWESOME choice!! I'm waiting on this one, too!! I LOVE that cover, and the plot sounds SO good!! Also, I love music, so any plot involving that will immediately get my attention. This book has been on my Goodreads shelves for a while now, and I'm REALLY looking forward to reading it. Hope you enjoy it, too! Happy Reading!! : )

    Here's my WOW:

    http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/12/waiting-on-wednesday-151-stars-above-by.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeees! There's never enough about music in books, haha. I really hope it'll be great! :D

      Thanks for stopping by! <3

      Delete
  11. P.S. I LOVE your blog's Christmas look!! VERY cute!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have yet to read this author, but this one sounds really good! Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, but I'm sure it's worth it, haha. I only heard great things about all her books!

      Delete
  13. I haven't read anything by this author before but This Savage Song sounds sooooo goood! I plan on starting it soon since it's out on Edelweiss and I can't wait :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, so exciting! I hope you'll like it!! :D

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥