Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#62): These Vicious Masks

 
Waiting on Wednesday  is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that booklovers can't wait to get their hands on!


Title: These Vicious Masks
Author: Tarun Shanker & Kelly Zekas
Series: Stand-alone
Genre: Young Adult, Historical Fiction, Fantasy 
Expected Publication Date: February 9th, 2016


Jane Austen meets X-­Men in this gripping and adventure-­filled paranormal romance set in Victorian London.

England, 1882. Evelyn is bored with society and its expectations. So when her beloved sister, Rose, mysteriously vanishes, she ignores her parents and travels to London to find her, accompanied by the dashing Mr. Kent. But they’re not the only ones looking for Rose. The reclusive, young gentleman Sebastian Braddock is also searching for her, claiming that both sisters have special healing powers. Evelyn is convinced that Sebastian must be mad, until she discovers that his strange tales of extraordinary people are true—and that her sister is in graver danger than she feared.
 

Why am I waiting?

Okay, so Historical Fiction isn't usually my thing but ... I feel like I should give it a try. This book sounds really interesting and mixed with the fantasy aspect of it, I think I could enjoy this a lot!

18 comments:

  1. I'm ready to this one as well. I love that cover!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it looks amazing! I hope we'll both enjoy it! :D

      Delete
  2. I can't wait for this one either. We don't have too long to wait since time seems to be flying by so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! February will be here sooner than we think! :D

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yeah, it's already pretty popular ... hope it'll be good! :)

      Delete
  4. Jane Austen meets X-Men? What? I need this now. 2016 is going to be an awesome year for books!
    -Monica @ Tomes Project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds freaking awesome, right?! And you're right! 2016 will be the year I'm constantly broke ... seriously, SO MANY EPIC RELEASES! *__*

      Delete
  5. The first sentence of the blurb makes this book sound epic! I am definitely adding this to my TBR list :D Thanks for sharing, Yvonne!

    My WoW

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you, haha. I'm super excited! Thanks for stopping by, Zareena! <3

      Delete
  6. Great pick! I'm really looking forward to this one. The first line of the summary completely sold me on this book. It sounds so good!


    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! It sounds EPIC! I'm very excited! :D

      Delete
  7. Yaaassss, so excited to (finally) read this book! I got a copy from Macmillan a few months ago. I hope you love this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fantastic week. :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, you did? I hope you'll like it!!! Thanks for stopping by as well! <3

      Delete
  8. This one does look really good too! I love the cover :D

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mysterious and cool. Just like the synopsis - I'm excited, haha. Thanks for stopping by, Tracy! <3

      Delete
  9. Oh my gosh I NEED THIS! And some how hadn't even heard of it so thank you for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU HAVEN'T?! Are you living under a rock, Anissa? :P Just kidding, I'm glad you found out about it now! Better late than never, haha. :D

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.