As I did last year I wanna conclude this year with some of my favorite books I read in 2015! Trust me, when I tell you that it has been a torture selecting those 15 chosen ones ... I read so many great books and "only" picking 15 was very, very hard. I also want to reflect on my bookish resolutions I wrote down last year and see what I accomplished and what not. Let's get started! :D
Top 15 books of 2015
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- When it Rains by Lisa De Jong
- Throne of Glass (series) by Sarah J. Maas
- The One Thing by Marci Lyn Curtis
- Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
- Shutter by Courtney Alameda
- Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover
- This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp
- Making Faces by Amy Harmon
- Isla & the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
- The Contradiction of Solitude by Meredith A. Walters
- The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
Alright, I have to say something about The Contradiction of Solitude because I'm still NOT sure if it belongs on that list or not. On Goodreads I originally rated it with 4.5 stars or none ... this was one of the most disturbing and twisted books I've ever read. If not even THE twisted and darkest one. However, it's really unique and was interesting to read ... *sigh* My review was a mess too, so I'm not sure. Whatever. Also, I got an eARC for This Is Where It Ends a whiiiiile back but "enjoyed" is so much, that I had to include it here, even though it isn't even out yet. A very, very good book with a topic that's all too present these days.
Bookish resolutions of 2014
Let's move on to my bookish resolutions of 2014! I came up with 4 things I wanted to accomplish/change about my blogging/reading behaviour and now that the year is over, I think it's time to reflect and see how I did, right? You can also check out the original post along with my top 14 books of 2014 for more details!
- Beat my Goodreads challenge
- Re-read at least 1 book
- Finish 5 series
- Improve my blog/reviews/posts
Seems easy enough, I thought. Well, maybe except for the last one. Anyway, I've looked through my blog, Goodreads and everywhere else I post to see if I completed ANY of these points. Did I, you might wanna know now? YES, I FREAKING DID!
Goodreads challengeI was part of quite a few challenges this year (which I never did before!) and even though I didn't complete ALL of them and cheated a little here and there, I'm surprised at how well I did. Seriously, I wasn't that bad! For my Goodreads challenge I ought to finish 80 books after reading 79 last year and I'm happy to say that I completed my goal - even though it was a close call. As of my other challenges, I think I'll do another post for them, so stay tuned!
Re-reading booksWell, I ... kind of forgot this one? I'm terrible at re-reading, I admit it. I think I only ever re-read ONE book - Shatter Me. Don't even ask me why I chose that one (I love Ignite Me SO MUCH MORE) but actually I was trying to read the whole series again and failed miserably. I just remember books too well and get bored really easily because I know what's going to happen - in the meantime I could finish a NEW book and let myself get surprised by plot twists and awesome new characters. HOW DO PEOPLE DO THIS?! Tell me your secrets! How can you reread a book you've already read without getting bored? I WANNA KNOW! *sigh* So yeah, I failed that one.
Finishing 5 seriesCan I cheat here a bit? Let's start with what I DEFINITELY finished! If it counts (for me it does) I finished the Selection series - well, at least the story of Maxon and America. All in all very enjoyable although I was disappointed in the second book - still ended up giving it a high rating because it's ridiculously addictive, ugh! The next series is very dear to my heart and just thinking back to when I read this makes me miss the characters SO MUCH ... Bloodlines! Adrian Ivashkov will forever be one of my alltime favorite characters! I also finished the Gardella Vampire Chronicles, Penryn & the End of Days and Stephanie Perkins Anna & the French Kiss series (although technically they're all stand-alones but whatever). Now the cheating thing ... I read Anna Dressed in Blood and Girl of Nightmares - clearly a duology but does it count as a "series" as well? I'm not sure, I'd almost say no? Either way, I fulfilled this task, wohoo!
Improving my blog/postsThis last one is the one I'm most unsure about. Honestly, I can't answer that. I feel like I'm doing the same as last year but it's been fun and I have a few lovely people that actually comment on the things I write here, so there must be SOME people that like what I write. I guess that's a good sign and even though I didn't increase my follower base by much I'm still incredibly happy to have found such amazing bloggers/people through this. You all really mean a lot to me and I can't thank you enough for reading/commenting/sharing my posts. Thank you. ♥
Blogging & other favorites
- Of the 296 blog posts I've written this year, my favorite reviews were probably The One Thing, When It Rains and Six of Crows, however YOU viewed A Court of Thorns and Roses the most - totally understandable, this book was AMAZING.
- I've started my little #bookstagram series in March, where I introduce you to beautiful accounts that I follow and that I feel like you'd all love as well.
- I celebrated my FIRST blogoversary in August with a little giveaway for you guys!
- In September I changed my URL from "thebookishpanda" to A World Between Folded Pages.
- In 2015 I also ordered my first bookish stuff - I'm speaking about mugs and all that awesomeness - and discovered a few new gorgeous shops! I definitely want to highlight Evie Seo's Society6 store because I got my beautiful "Reading Fox" mug from there and am IN LOVE with it! Lauren's Bookworm Boutique store has also pretty adorable stuff and it's where I got my "Sleep Less, Read More" pillow from!
- And shared my bookmark collection - along with the ones I made myself.
Favorite blogs in 2015
Okay, so I'm 99% sure I'll forget A LOT of people that I originally wanted to feature in this part but if I do, please don't be mad at me! I love you all loads! ♥
Next up is ... Stephanie @ Bookfever! Again, I don't remember exactly when I found out about her but it feels like forever as well - in a good way. She's such a sweet girl and I love her blog a lot - she reviews a lot of Adult books and even though it's usually not my thing I highly enjoy reading them nonetheless. One of her favorite fandoms is Doctor Who (I started watching it recently) so I already know we'll have looooads to fangirl about, haha. :D
JM from Book Freak Revelations! We mostly communicate via Twitter and ... can I just say that I adore this guy? JM, you rock! You've been such a great friend to me and I love talking to you about all the things we love - I'm incredibly grateful to know you! To the people who don't know him: He writes amazing reviews on his blog and hosts fantastic bookish Twitter chats where I got to know loads of other great bloggers - it's always a blast when he's involved! <3
Maaike from All These Lives I Live! I'm in love with her reviews and the way she writes them. Her "writing style" immediately makes you want to read a book. She also describes her feelings and thoughts so well. Recently she started her own bookstagram on IG and already takes AMAZING pictures! Can I be any more in love? I don't think so! Please go check them out!
Monica @ Tomes Project. Amazing posts, very interesting reviews to books that are on my TBR list and her super cool "Etsy Spotlight" series! She's also a really nice person and I'm very, very happy to have found her blog - I'm sure you'll find many posts on there that you'll also like, so be sure to check it out!
It's been a great year! I got to know so many amazing people that I definitely don't want to miss - I'm very much looking forward to 2016 with you together and hope you'll all stick around for another year. THANK YOU SO MUCH! ♥ *hugs everyone*
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!