Monday, December 28, 2015

2016 Reading Challenges (+ FREEBIE)

So, now that Christmas is over and I added loads of new books to my shelves, I was thinking about how many of them I've actually read. I looked to my shelves and basically DROWNED in unread books. I kid you now, I have SO MANY on my shelves that I bought but haven't read yet, it's insane!

With 2016 and all those new releases, I will probably add EVEN MORE (although I don't have any space left - WHERE SHOULD I PUT THEM?!?) but also want to read those "old" books that I bought ages ago - what better way than to participate in some reading challenges, right? I did it last year and only half-finished most of them BUT it did help me get down my TBR pile a bit. I picked up books that I wouldn't have read otherwhise just because they fit into the plan/challenge that I had to complete, so I'm doing it again!

 2016 Reading Bingo

Instead of just participating in challenges that already exist - I will still take part in some - I came up with my own "Reading Bingo" card, wohoo! I saw this on various blogs/Twitter and thought it would be an amazing idea, so I spent some time creating this sheet and thinking of challenges that I want to complete and that help me get down my TBR pile - here it is!


I specifically made this for me & my TBR list but if any of you want to jump in and do it as well, please do it! I made a little card that you can print out and use - it even has some space to write down which books you read and stars to color in for the rating! Honestly, I'm so proud of this, hahaha. It took me quite a while to do it but I couldn't be happier with the outcome! ♥

(If you're using & blogging about it, please link back to me!)


2016 Horror Challenge

As last year, I'm also going to participate in the "Horror Reading Challenge", hosted by Tracy @ Cornerfolds and Stormi @ Books, Movies, Reviews! Oh my!. I completed my goal in 2015 but I'm still only aiming for the lowest of their ranks - better to start off easy and up it later, if I'm REALLY reading loads of Horror books!

Challenge Levels:
  • 1-5 horror books: Running Scared
  • 6-10 horror books: Brave Reader
  • 11-15 horror books: Fearless
  • 16+ horror books: Horror Hound

My goal is to complete Running Scared - that's finishing 1-5 books.


Goodreads Challenge

And of course, I'm also giving myself a little goal on Goodreads! 2015 was super, super close and I almost didn't make it, so I'm lowering the number a little bit. I will try to read 70 books in 2016!


I will keep track of everythink on HERE, so be sure to check out what books I've read - I will update this throughout the year. ;)

14 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME!!!
    You know how I've been struggling to read lately, well this post makes me so excited to keep going! :D I'll definitely print out the bingo thing and do it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the sweetest! This means a lot to me, haha. :D I hope it'll help a bit. ♥

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard of the Bingo challenge but it seems really cool! The only challenge I'll be doing in 2016 is the Goodreads one :) Best of luck with them all!

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to combine them a little but since I try to tackle my huge TBR pile with the Bingo challenge it'll be very hard, haha. :D Good luck to you too! ♥

      Delete
  3. This reading bingo is a great idea! I'm going to do one also that fits better with me and my TBR list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Let me know how yours looks like! Maybe we could even buddy-read a few books, if we have them both on our TBR list! <3

      Delete
    2. I'm posting my bingo on January 1st!

      Delete
  4. Good luck with your challenges for the next year! I've never done a challenge before though I've decided to do the Pop Sugar challenge next year. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 2015 challenges were my first try as well but it went good! It's so much fun, especially if you're doing it with other people! Good luck to you too, Krystianna! ♥

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Right? It makes it so much more fun! :D

      Delete
  6. This bingo is great! I think I'm going to do it. Helps bring me out of my comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Yaay! I just saw it! I'm so glad you're doing it as well! Have fun! <3

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.