Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#60): The Mystery of Hollow Places

 
Waiting on Wednesday  is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that booklovers can't wait to get their hands on!


Title: The Mystery of Hollow Places
Author: Rebecca Podos
Series: Stand-alone
Genre: Young Adult, Mystery, Thriller
Expected Publication Date: January 26th, 2016


All Imogene Scott knows of her mother is the bedtime story her father told her as a child. It's the story of how her parents met: he, a forensic pathologist, she, a mysterious woman who came to identify a body. A woman who left Imogene and her father when she was a baby, a woman who was always possessed by a powerful loneliness, a woman who many referred to as troubled waters.

When Imogene is seventeen, her father, now a famous author of medical mysteries, strikes out in the middle of the night and doesn't come back. Neither Imogene's stepmother nor the police know where he could've gone, but Imogene is convinced he's looking for her mother. She decides to put to use the skills she's gleaned from a lifetime of her father's books to track down a woman she's never known, in order to find him and, perhaps, the answer to the question she's carried with her for her entire life.

Rebecca Podos' debut is a powerful, affecting story of the pieces of ourselves that remain mysteries even to us - the desperate search through empty spaces for something to hold on to.
 

Why am I waiting?

I don't even know why I'm so intrigued by this ... maybe it's the cover? The blurb? I can't help but wonder what this really is about, hmmm. I hope it'll be worth it!

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The cover looks indeed great! Mysterious! Thanks for stopping by, Kate! :)

      Delete
  2. Great Pick. This one is totally new to me. Thanks for putting it on my radar :)

    Happy Reading

    Here is my WoW pick

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, glad I could introduce you to a new book! I hope you enjoy it, if you decide to read it! Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  3. This is one of my most anticipated books of Winter 2016. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? So cool! It's not even that far away anymore ... I hope you'll enjoy it!! :D

      Delete
  4. This one is new to me and looks interesting! Hope you enjoy it when it comes out :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lily! I hope so too, haha. :D

      Delete
  5. the cover is pretty intriguing. This is definitely on my TBR. great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the sound of this one! I hope you'll enjoy it too if you're going to read it! :D

      Delete
  6. YES! I cannot wait to get my grabby little hands on this one! I love that cover and it sounds so good!
    Great pick!
    xo Stephanie @ In Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover looks SO mysterious! I want to find out what exactly this is about, ahhh! Thanks for stopping by, Stephanie! <3

      Delete
  7. oh i love the sound of this a lot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! I hope it'll be good!

      Delete
  8. This is new to me, but it sounds interesting. I hope you enjoy reading it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one sounds amazing and it's the first I've heard of it! It's definitely going on my TBR!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh yeah! I hope you'll like it, if you end up reading it :P

      Delete
  10. I've not heard of this one! Not too long again. I hope you enjoy this book when you read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a great week. :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by too, Alyssa! I'm very curious for this book, so let's hope for the best, haha. :D

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥