Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#59): Revenge and the Wild

 
Waiting on Wednesday  is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that booklovers can't wait to get their hands on!


Title: Revenge and the Wild
Author: Michelle Modesto
Series: Stand-alone
Genre: Young Adult, Historical Fiction, Fantasy
Expected Publication Date: Februray 2nd, 2016


The two-bit town of Rogue City is a lawless place, full of dark magic and saloon brawls, monsters and six-shooters. But it’s perfect for seventeen-year-old Westie, the notorious adopted daughter of local inventor Nigel Butler.

Westie was only a child when she lost her arm and her family to cannibals on the wagon trail. Nine years later, Westie may seem fearsome with her foul-mouthed tough exterior and the powerful mechanical arm built for her by Nigel, but the memory of her past still haunts her. She’s determined to make the killers pay for their crimes—and there’s nothing to stop her except her own reckless ways.

But Westie’s search ceases when a wealthy family comes to town looking to invest in Nigel’s latest invention, a machine that can harvest magic from gold—which Rogue City desperately needs as the magic wards that surround the city start to fail. There’s only one problem: the investors look exactly like the family who murdered Westie’s kin. With the help of Nigel’s handsome but scarred young assistant, Alistair, Westie sets out to prove their guilt. But if she’s not careful, her desire for revenge could cost her the family she has now.
 

Why am I waiting?

The first paragraph already sold me ... and then came the cannibals. WHAT THE HELL?! I'm so excited for this book, you have NO idea! And it's a Historical Fiction, which I don't usually read but I can't miss this one. Noooope! It sounds so freaking badass and cool and ahhh! I CAN'T WAIT! ♥

22 comments:

  1. Okay, that cover is amazing! Mechanical arm? Cannibals?! Magic?! HANDSOME ASSISTANT?! I'm in! Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds freaking amazing, right?! I'm super excited! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to read this too! (It's up on EW,) I hope we both enjoy it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, awesome! I guess I'll still wait though ... too many other books to read, haha. Hope you'll enjoy it!! :D

      Delete
  3. This sounds as a really intriguing read. Now it's on my tbr list too!
    Alma @ A Novel Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope we'll both enjoy it then! Thanks for stopping by, Alma!

      Delete
  4. This sounds really good! I think cannibals would catch my attention too. :) Great pick.

    Arlene @ WinterHaven Books
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read anything with cannibals so I'm very curious! Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh yes I've had my eye on this one for awhile, I have recently read a few really good historical fictions and I'm looking forward to reading this one as well!
    Here's my WoW!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still trying to get into this genre ... do you have any recommendations? :D I hope we'll both enjoy this one! <3

      Delete
  6. Well hello interesting book :D Hadn't heard of this one before, so thanks for putting it on my radar :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaas! I'm glad you found out about it now, haha. Thanks for stopping by, Lily! :D

      Delete
  7. So cool! Definitely will be adding to my TBR list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I hope we'll both enjoy it! :D

      Delete
  8. This one looks SO good!! It has been on my list for awhile and I cannot WAIT to get my hands on it! :D

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, oh my god! My excitement level is over 9000! :D

      Delete
  9. WOW! CANNIBALS! I haven't read some books where there's cannibals! Awesome pick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither, so this is completely new to me ... but only makes me more excited, haha. :D

      Delete
  10. IT SOUNDS SO AMAZING, RIGHT? I have had this one on my TBR of anticipated releases for a few months now, and I know that if I don't read it and love it, I'll be 100% sad.
    -Monica @ Tomes Project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEEES! I totally get what you mean! I'm so hyped and excited and if this disappoints me I'll be really sad. Let's just hope it will be awesome! :D

      Delete
  11. I haven't read many wild west YA books but I am super excited for Revenge and the Wild! Thanks for stopping by, Yvonne :)

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither but this sounds so freaking awesome! I'm glad you're also excited, ahh! :D

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥