Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#58): The King Slayer

 
Waiting on Wednesday  is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that booklovers can't wait to get their hands on!


Title: The King Slayer
Author: Virginia Boecker
Series: The Witch Hunter #2
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Witches
Expected Publication Date: June 2016


Former witch hunter Elizabeth Grey is hiding within the magically protected village of Harrow, evading the price put on her head by Lord Blackwell, the usurper king of Anglia. Their last encounter left Blackwell ruined, but his thirst for power grows stronger every day. He's readying for a war against those who would resist his rule--namely Elizabeth and the witches, wizards, pirates, and healers she now calls her friends.

Having lost her stigma, a magical source of protection and healing, Elizabeth's strength is tested both physically and emotionally. War always means sacrifice, and as the lines between good and evil blur once more, Elizabeth must decide just how far she'll go to save those she loves.
 

Why am I waiting?

I was sooo excited for the first book and loved it a lot, although I usually don't read books about/with witches and magic in it ... it's just not my thing. But this book? It totally blew my mind and I couldn't get enough! I want to know more about Schuyler and John but also about all the others - I loved every character so, so much! Plus, this cover is gorgeous! I really like it!

24 comments:

  1. LOVE the cover! Just added the book on my TBR! Sounds very good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you read the first book, haha. :D If not, do it! It's really good!

      Delete
  2. I will definitely check withc hunter then since I saw q lot of people liking it too.
    my waiting on wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should, it's a great book! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. I think that cover gets prettier and prettier. Hope we both enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they are really pretty! I like the colors a lot! :D

      Delete
  4. I love the cover, still need to read book1 though :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you definitely should get to it soon! It's awesome!!

      Delete
  5. It's been a long while since I've read a book with a witch in it. Looks interesting!

    New follower :)

    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you check it out then! Thanks for stopping by & following! <3

      Delete
  6. I haven't read The Witch Hunter yet but it is on my TBR list so hopefully soon! Great pick, Yvonne :)

    My WoW

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, awesome! I hope you get to it soon & like it!! :D

      Delete
  7. What a pretty cover! For some reason I couldn't get into the first one, I hope you love King Slayer though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, really? Sad to hear you didn't like it. I think it's either a hit or miss ... oh well. Thanks for stopping by though! :D

      Delete
  8. I love books about magic and witches. Sounds like my kind of series. Great pick, Yvonne and thank you for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be sure to check it out then! I hope you'll like it if you decide to read it! ;)

      Delete
  9. I haven't read the first book in this series, but this does sound interesting. I hope you enjoy reading it.
    Thanks for visiting My WoW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandra! You should check it out some time ;)

      Delete
  10. I liked the synopsis a lot! I am immediately adding it to my goodreads tbr! Thanks for sharing!
    My WoW
    Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaay! I hope you'll end up enjoying it!! :D

      Delete
  11. I LOVED The Witch Hunter so so much! It was one of my favorite books this year! So of course, I am highly anticipating The King Slayer!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I liked it a lot too! Couldn't get the characters out of my head for quite some time, ahhhh! I hope The King Slayer will be as amazing as the first!

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥