Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#55): The Casquette Girls

 
Waiting on Wednesday  is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that booklovers can't wait to get their hands on!


Title: The Casquette Girls
Author:Alys Arden
Series: The Casquette Girls #1
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Paranormal
Expected Publication Date: November 17th, 2015


Seven girls tied by time.
Five powers that bind.
One curse to lock the horror away.
One attic to keep the monsters at bay.


******

After the storm of the century rips apart New Orleans, sixteen-year-old Adele Le Moyne wants nothing more than her now silent city to return to normal. But with home resembling a war zone, a parish-wide curfew, and mysterious new faces lurking in the abandoned French Quarter, normal needs a new definition.

As the city murder rate soars, Adele finds herself tangled in a web of magic that weaves back to her own ancestors. Caught in a hurricane of myths and monsters, who can she trust when everyone has a secret and keeping them can mean life or death? Unless . . . you’re immortal.
 

Why am I waiting?

"Seven girls tied by time. Five powers that bind. One curse to lock the horror away. One attic to keep the monsters at bay." Now tell me this DOESN'T sound freaking amazing?! I'm definitely intrigued, plus ... the cover. OH MY GOD. It's incredibly beautiful and I need to have it! ♥

11 comments:

  1. Ooh I'm intrigued. Magic and secrets. My kind of read. Thanks for sharing. Hope we both enjoy this one when we get to pick it up :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope so too! Thanks for stopping by, Shane! :D

      Delete
  2. The catchphrase is what pulled me in too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! It just sounds very promising ... I hope we won't be disappointed :P

      Delete
  3. Ooh, this cover is absolutely delightful! I love magic mixed in with my history, so this book seems really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, yes! Thanks for stopping by, Aila! :D

      Delete
  4. Wow, this sounds so good!! Magic and New Orleans?? Yes please! Thanks so much for sharing this one :D

    My WoW

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first part of the blurb sounds incredibly intriguing! A little bit of magic never hurt no one - thank you for introducing me to this book! Hope you enjoy :) Here's my Wow!

    Your GFC follower, Lillie @LittleLillieReads

    ReplyDelete
  6. O YES, this one's on my tbr list too! It just sounds sooooo good!
    I'm glad we don't have to wait much longer!
    Alma @ A Novel Place

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of this one before! It looks like a great paranormal! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, that summary sounds divine!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥