Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#54): The Light That Gets Lost

 
Waiting on Wednesday  is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that booklovers can't wait to get their hands on!


Title: The Light That Gets Lost
Author: Natasha Carthew
Series: Stand-alone
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary
Expected Publication Date: November 5th, 2015


A small boy hiding in a cupboard witnesses something no child should ever see. He tries not to look but he still hears it. And when he comes out, there's no mistaking. His mum and dad have been killed. And though he's only small, he swears that he'll get revenge one day.

Years later, Trey enters a strange camp that is meant to save troubled teenagers. It's packed with crazies, god-botherers, devoted felons and broken kids. Trey's been in and out of trouble ever since the day the bad thing happened, but he's he not here for saving: this is where he'll find the man who did it. Revenge and healing, salvation and hell are a boiling, dangerous mix, and Trey finds himself drawn to a girl, a dream and the offer of friendship in the dark.
 

Why am I waiting?

That's easy: the cover! I just completely fell in love with it! I like all the blue and black and the font looks extremely pretty too. The blurb intrigued me as well, so I really hope this'll be a great book!

8 comments:

  1. Ok, the blurb definitely got me intrigued! I didn't know about this book and the fact it's also a stand-alone really makes me want to give it a go, we really don't get much of these anymore.

    Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true! Most books have at least one sequel, so a good stand-alone from time to time is great! :D

      Delete
  2. I don't know if this one's for me but yeah, the cover is really beautiful!
    Alma @ A Novel Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most blue/black books are, haha. :D Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Oh wow! This seems really interesting. I wonder who the killer is in this place for troubled teens, and how Trey will handle the situation in the end. I'm curious about his dream too. Great pick!

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you! Glad you're intrigued! Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  4. This is completely new to me, but honestly, I'm already hooked and want to know more! Thank you so much for sharing, I hope you like this one!
    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that cover and the blurb sounds so good! Putting this on my TBR pile. Thanks for introducing it to me!

    My WOW: http://mommywantstoread.blogspot.com/2015/10/wow-im-waiting-on-steep-thorny-way.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.