Thursday, October 15, 2015

The "How I Read" Book Tag

I get to do another tag, yay! JM @ Book Freak Revelations tagged me to do the How I Read tag! Thank you for tagging me, my dear! Everyone please go check out his blog, he's amazing! <3


How do you find out about new books to read?

I usually check what my friends on Goodreads are currently reading. The Waiting on Wednesday meme is also a great help for discovering new titles ... I mean, they're usually not out until next year but I at least have them on my radar and can put them on my ever-growing TBR list.

How did you get into reading?

Actually I don't remember anymore. As a kid I didn't really read much - nothing, to be honest - but when Twilight came out I was all over it. I read the books in german and devoured them all as fast as I could. That was also the time when I started to read other vampire books ... I was obsessed with them, seriously. However, I haven't read anything in English until I discovered The Fault in our Stars. That was the first book I read in English and from then on I continued and haven't stopped until today. Ohhh well. :D

How has your taste in books changed as you got older?

Well, at first I was totally into vampire books. No matter what, I had to read them. Now I'm mostly into Young Adult (whatever genre) but also love to read New Adult. So far that's all I'm reading and even though I want to read some more ... adult-like books I just can't get into them. Maybe when I'm older, haha.

How often do you buy books?

Hmmm, that's a though questions. I don't really have a "schedule" or anything. I buy books whenever I feel like buying them, which can happen quite a few times in a month. It's usally not that bad though. I think I buy about 5-8 books a month? If even, sometimes I don't buy anything because I know I'm broke and shouldn't ... other times I just can't resist. *sigh*

How did you get into book reviewing?

I have this blog for a little over a year now and still love it as much. There's no fancy story as to why I started it just that I was bored as hell and though it would be fun to have my own space where I can voice all my thoughts on different books. The fact that my best friend, Melissa, also created a blog only added to my determination and so I just did it. I already reviewed most of the books I read on Goodreads before starting this blog.

How do you react when you don't like the end of a book?

Ummm ... I'm angry? That really depends on if I only didn't like the ending or the whole book. When the ending sucks but the rest was more than enjoyable I'm usually sad? At first? Speechless maybe because I can't believe the author fucked up this glorious book with such a terrible ending? But then I'd rant to Melissa, most likely. I tell her why exactly it was so terrible (without spoiler, if she hasn't read the book) and how disappointed I am right now. I just need to release all that anger!

How often do you take a sneak peek at the ending to see if there is a happy ending?

At the very end? Never! I usually check the ending of a chapter, but mostly don't read the last sentence because I haaaate spoilers. Seriously, I don't even get why people write spoilers on the internet, that's just so unfair and cruel! DON'T DO THIS! I only check to see how many pages I have left and IF I end up reading the last sentece it's just to see if it ends on a cliffhanger and if I need to make more time so I can read the next and the next and the next chapter, haha. :D


I'm tagging ...
Stephanie @ Book Fever

And everyone else who wants to do this!  

7 comments:

  1. Oh that looks like such a fun tag! I'm thinking about doing it on my blog too if you don't mind? :)

    Love, Kerstin
    http://www.missgetaway.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course not, please do it! I'd love to read your answers! :D

      Delete
  2. The Fault in our Stars was probably a great book to read in english for the first time. Mine was Twilight and haven't stopped either since then. :D

    Thanks again for the tag. I will do it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! Highly enjoyed it, haha. Looking forward to your answers, my dear! <3

      Delete
  3. Yes, keep those frustrations about endings coming!! hahah :D
    Love your answers by the way!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, I will, be sure of that. :P And thank you, sweetie! <3

      Delete
  4. Thanks for tagging me! and I apologise for not visiting earlier. I totally understand your angst with spoilers. People is really inconsiderate. I've even been spoiled in Goodreads, either from a review (the spoilers weren't hidden) or an update and it drives me insane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥