Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#53): Rip

 
Waiting on Wednesday  is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that booklovers can't wait to get their hands on!


Title: Rip
Author: Rachel Van Dyken
Series: Stand-alone
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary
Expected Publication Date: October 20th, 2015


Pretty things aren't meant to be broken.
But I broke her, and now we both have to pay the price.
I'm her nightmare.
I'm her savior.
And now that I have her signature on an ironclad contract, I own her body and soul.
She doesn't remember me.
She will.
It's inevitable.
Because as much as I know I need to stay away, for fear of unlocking the memories I helped her father bury--I can't.
She was the apple in the Garden, dangled in front of me, her core so tempting and sweet. A voice whispered. Just. One. Bite.
I bit.
I tasted.
I fell.
Welcome to the world of the Russian mafia, where death, is your only future.
 

Why am I waiting?

The only thing that "disturbed" me in this blurb is the last sentence. I'm not sure if this whole mafia thing is something for me but the rest really intrigued me! It just sounds great and like something I could enjoy, so I'll give it a try. :D

18 comments:

  1. Hahaha it was the same for me. I liked the blurb until the last sentence. I don't like to read about the mafia. Hope you enjoy it though!

    Alma @ A Novel Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's not such a big part, haha. I really hope so ... it's not usually my thing but if the rest is good, who knows. :D

      Thanks for stopping by! <3

      Delete
  2. This probably isn't my kind of read, but... that cover! Haha! I hope you love this one :D

    Here's my Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too ... if I'll ever read it, hahaha. :D

      Delete
  3. I liked the synopsis but yeah Mafia doesn't do for me either. I hope it turns out good though.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope so too! Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  4. *drooooooool* I want him. I mean... the book lol
    Have an amazing Wednesday!

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I TOOOOTALLY agree, hahaha. :D Thanks for stopping by, Ellie! <3

      Delete
  5. Ooh, this has definitely captured my interest. I need to know what exactly happened, why this contract was signed and what will happen. I agree with you about the whole mafia thing, however i've read a couple of Russian tsar novels that were interesting and hope it'll be similar to that. Great pick!

    Sanna @ Fanciful Fictions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it won't be too much about the mafia thing ... I guess then I'd really enjoy it! Either way, I'm sure it'll be interesting! :D

      Delete
  6. Ahhh, I love mafia books! And that cover is pretty yummy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is indeed yummy, right?! Handsome guy! I hope you'll check it out! :D

      Delete
  7. Woah, this certainly peaked my interest! I haven't stories about the mafia, but the little blurb was definitely catching my attention. Great post! :) Here's my Wow!

    Your new GFC follower, Lillie @LittleLillieReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly my thoughts! The blurb sounds really good, apart from the mafia part ... we'll see. :D Thanks for stopping by & following, Lillie! ♥

      Delete
  8. Not my kind of read but the mafia part sounds like it could be interesting! I hope you enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh great pick I really love the synopsis and I don't mind mafia books I haven't actually read a mafia book yet but I really want too and this one looks and sounds utterly fantastic! Thank you for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my WOW last week. I haven't had the best luck with Rachel Van Dyken books myself, but my sister-in-law really enjoys them. I hope you like this one!

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.