Thursday, September 10, 2015

Fandom of the Month Club: August Unboxing

Hello everyone! As you can guess from the title, I'll unbox my first ever subscription box - I know, it's a little late but oh well -, wohoo! I never ordered one because all the good ones are from the US and the shipping costs are horrible. They still are but because this box is only 13$, I just had to try it!

"Fandom of the Month Club" is a subscription box with jewelry (and a cute little tote bag!) based on different fandoms. Every month will have something of a new fandom and the best thing? You won't know what you'll get until the box arrives! I love this idea! Read more about it on their page: HERE

This month's theme was SUPER MARIO, and I got so excited! I used to play Mario when I was a kid and basically was addicted to everything with that little plumber. It brought back so many great memories and made me want to play the games again ... really badly. *sigh*

FotMC and it's contents - magnet, a tote bag with jewelry inside and a cute card

Besides the jewelry, which is inside the bag, there was also a magnetic piranha plant  ... magnet (duh) in it. The print on the tote says "THANK YOU MARIO! BUT OUR PRINCESS IS IN ANOTHER CASTLE!" with Princess Peach next to it. Adorable, isn't it?

Jewelry from inside the tote bag
The 4 pieces of jewelry:
  • a ring with the ? block symbol
  • a keychain with 2 mushrooms (green & red), a fire flower and the ? brick block
  • a pair of mushroom/star earrings
  • a necklace as an old Nintendo controller

Overall I can only say that I really liked this theme, even though I can't use the earrings and not even the ring, but I love the necklace and keychain so much! Shipping was still a bit expensive and I'm not sure if I'll continue with the subscription ... but well, I'll get one more box in September! After that I'll decide if I'll cancel it or not. Maybe I'll even try another box, who knows! :)

Have you subscribed to any boxes? Which ones? Do you like them?

5 comments:

  1. Oh that's all super cute! I'd be happy with that box alone because there's an owl on it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these boxes look super cute. I'd love to receive one as well so I think I'm gonna order them now :D

    Love, kerstin
    http://www.missgetaway.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did Fandom of the Month club once when the theme was Doctor Who and then again on accident when the theme was Harry Potter and I forgot to cancel... oops! I don't wear much jewelry and then I'm pretty picky, so this wasn't a great subscription box for me. I hope you loved it though! :D

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
  4. This seems REALLY amazing! I feel like I should try one and I've filled the subscription page in twice now. But shipping costs have stopped me so far.. I just can't decide. I guess I'm just a little afraid I won't really like the fandom. Maybe I'll wait to see what you get in september and then decide if it's worth the money. ;D

    Maaike @ All These Lives I Live

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pssst, as far as I know the theme for September is Percy Jackson (that's at least what people guess on Instagram), so if you like it, you should definitely check it out! I know that shipping is quite a lot but I wanted to try it so badly! I will cancel the subscripton though, so September will be the last one I receive. :D

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥