Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#48): The Dead House

 
Waiting on Wednesday  is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that booklovers can't wait to get their hands on!


Title: The Dead House
Author:
Series: Stand-alone
Genre: Young Adult, Horror, Mystery
Expected Publication Date: September 15th, 2015


Over two decades have passed since the fire at Elmbridge High, an inferno that took the lives of three teenagers. Not much was known about the events leading up to the tragedy - only that one student, Carly Johnson, vanished without a trace...

...until a diary is found hidden in the ruins.

But the diary, badly scorched, does not belong to Carly Johnson. It belongs to Kaitlyn Johnson, a girl who shouldn't exist Who was Kaitlyn? Why did she come out only at night? What is her connection to Carly?

The case has been reopened. Police records are being reexamined: psychiatric reports, video footage, text messages, e-mails. And the diary.

The diary that paints a much more sinister version of events than was ever made publicly known.
 

Why am I waiting?

I'm pretty sure I saw this for the first time on Tracy's Blog (Cornerfolds), where I usually find my next horror books to read. At least I think it was her blog ... or someone else's? Whatever. :D I'm suuuuper excited for this one! I also love the cover a lot and think it looks AWESOME! Kinda creepy but still cool. I just really want this book!

5 comments:

  1. This looks positively creepy...and AMAZING! Thanks for sharing!

    Happy reading,
    Wendy (Cupcake Queen)
    My WoW pick: http://acupcakeandlatte.blogspot.ca/2015/08/waiting-on-wednesday-reign-of-shadows.html
    Recent post: Review on Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray http://acupcakeandlatte.blogspot.ca/2015/08/review-lair-of-dreams-by-libba-bray.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally stoked about this book too. OI've heard it's both creepy, but not in a really weird sort of way, if that makes any sense?

    Thank you for visiting as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cover looks mighty creepy. I haven't heard much about this book but after reading the blurb I really want to read it now. Great pick!

    Dreams @ Once Upon A Dream Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this sounds delightfully creepy! Hope it's as good as it's made out to be.

    My WOW: http://tsundokubooks.blogspot.com/2015/08/waiting-on-wednesday-calamity.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds so good, and I've only heard great things about it. I hope we'll both love it. Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my WoW earlier. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥