Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#47): Until Friday Night

 
Waiting on Wednesday  is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that booklovers can't wait to get their hands on!


Title: Until Friday Night
Author:
Series: The Field Party #1
Genre: Young/New Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Expected Publication Date: August 25th, 2015


To everyone who knows him, West Ashby has always been that guy: the cocky, popular, way-too-handsome-for-his-own-good football god who led Lawton High to the state championships. But while West may be Big Man on Campus on the outside, on the inside he’s battling the grief that comes with watching his father slowly die of cancer.

Two years ago, Maggie Carleton’s life fell apart when her father murdered her mother. And after she told the police what happened, she stopped speaking and hasn’t spoken since. Even the move to Lawton, Alabama, couldn’t draw Maggie back out. So she stayed quiet, keeping her sorrow and her fractured heart hidden away.

As West’s pain becomes too much to handle, he knows he needs to talk to someone about his father—so in the dark shadows of a post-game party, he opens up to the one girl who he knows won’t tell anyone else.

West expected that talking about his dad would bring some relief, or at least a flood of emotions he couldn’t control. But he never expected the quiet new girl to reply, to reveal a pain even deeper than his own—or for them to form a connection so strong that he couldn’t ever let her go…
 

 

Why am I waiting?

Until Friday Night is coming out next week, wohoo! It caught my interest while browsing through Goodreads ... it just sounds great and like a book I'd probably love! Abbi Glines is totally new to me ... well, I've heard of her obviously but never read any of her books. Oh well, I guess I'll see if I like it or not. Has someone of you already read it? :)

7 comments:

  1. I've read lots of Abbi Glines books, her Fallen Too Far series is one of my all time favourites, but I haven't read this book yet and it sounds amazing.

    Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read anything by Abbi Glines, either! This does look really cute and awesome though! I hope you end up enjoying it :)
    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for this one! And it isn't a long ways away!

    Here's my WoW @ LazyBookLovers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pick! I've been hesitant about picking this one up. I haven't read Abbi Glines in a long while. I read the first book in her Existence Trilogy when I was a teenager and loved it, but I was still really new to the YA genre and was easy to please. Maybe I'll pick this one up and see if I still love her writing as much as I did back then.
    I hope you enjoy it!

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Kar @ Pause Time

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick!! This book is already on my TBR list as well. I'm playing catch up with Abbi's books, but I definitely plan on reading this one. I hope you enjoy it!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting choice of book. I have not had the greatest luck with Abbi Glines. I hope you like this book.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never read anything by this author, but I know she is really popular. I hope you love it! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.