Sunday, August 2, 2015

Upcoming Releases: AUGUST #2

Here's PART 2 of my upcoming releases list for August! If I'd have to buy all the books I want ... well, I wouldn't be able to buy any others soon. WHYYY OHHH WHY are so many great books coming out this month?! It's horrible! :D



Release: August 25th

Another Day by David Leviathan

Series: Every Day #2
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers

Every day is the same for Rhiannon. She has accepted her life, convinced herself that she deserves her distant, temperamental boyfriend, Justin, even established guidelines by which to live: Don’t be too needy. Avoid upsetting him. Never get your hopes up.

Until the morning everything changes. Justin seems to see her, to want to be with her for the first time, and they share a perfect day—a perfect day Justin doesn’t remember the next morning. Confused, depressed, and desperate for another day as great as that one, Rhiannon starts questioning everything. Then, one day, a stranger tells her that the Justin she spent that day with, the one who made her feel like a real person . . . wasn’t Justin at all.


____________________________________________ 


Release: August 25th

Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray

Series: The Diviners #2
Genre: Young Adult, Historical Fiction, Fantasy
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

Probably contains spoilers for book 1!!!!!
After a supernatural showdown with a serial killer, Evie O'Neill has outed herself as a Diviner. Now that the world knows of her ability to "read" objects, and therefore, read the past, she has become a media darling, earning the title, "America's Sweetheart Seer." But not everyone is so accepting of the Diviners' abilities...

Meanwhile, mysterious deaths have been turning up in the city, victims of an unknown sleeping sickness. Can the Diviners descend into the dreamworld and catch a killer?




____________________________________________ 


Release: August 2015 (hopefully)

Lux by Courtney Cole

Series: Nocte #3
Genre: New Adult, Romance, Mystery
Publisher: ebook / later probably Lakehouse Press

My name is Calla Price and I’m broken.

My pieces are all around me, floating on the wind, even as I desperately try to grasp them.

Who is dead? Alive? Insane? What is the truth?

I don’t know. I do know this: The darkness is strangling me. With every breath, I choke on another lie.

My mind has protected me, but that shield will soon be lowered. All will be revealed. Every answer to every question. It’s all been leading to this.

Don’t be afraid. Be terrified.

____________________________________________  


Release: August 25th

Mechanica by Betsy Cornwell

Series: Stand-alone
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Retelling, Steampunk
Publisher: Clarion Books

Nicolette’s awful stepsisters call her “Mechanica” to demean her, but the nickname fits: she learned to be an inventor at her mother’s knee. Her mom is gone now, though, and the Steps have turned her into a servant in her own home.

But on her sixteenth birthday, Nicolette discovers a secret workshop in the cellar and begins to dare to imagine a new life for herself. Could the mysterious books and tools hidden there—and the mechanical menagerie, led by a tiny metal horse named Jules—be the key to escaping her dreary existence? With a technological exposition and royal ball on the horizon, the timing might just be perfect for Nicolette to earn her freedom at last.

____________________________________________ 


Release: August 25th

Until Friday Night by Abbi Glines

Series: The Field Party #1
Genre: Young/New Adult, Romance
Publisher: Simon Pulse

To everyone who knows him, West Ashby has always been that guy: the cocky, popular, way-too-handsome-for-his-own-good football god who led Lawton High to the state championships. But while West may be Big Man on Campus on the outside, on the inside he’s battling the grief that comes with watching his father slowly die of cancer.

Two years ago, Maggie Carleton’s life fell apart when her father murdered her mother. And after she told the police what happened, she stopped speaking and hasn’t spoken since. Even the move to Lawton, Alabama, couldn’t draw Maggie back out. So she stayed quiet, keeping her sorrow and her fractured heart hidden away.

As West’s pain becomes too much to handle, he knows he needs to talk to someone about his father—so in the dark shadows of a post-game party, he opens up to the one girl who he knows won’t tell anyone else.

West expected that talking about his dad would bring some relief, or at least a flood of emotions he couldn’t control. But he never expected the quiet new girl to reply, to reveal a pain even deeper than his own—or for them to form a connection so strong that he couldn’t ever let her go…


____________________________________________  


Release: August 31st

Solarversia by Toby Downton

Series: Stand-alone
Genre: Science Fiction
Publisher: ebook

Solarversia is the story of an epic year-long game played by 100 million people inside a virtual world modelled on the real world Solar System. Given three lives, three vehicles, and told to master The Science of Solarversia to stand a chance of winning, players compete for the £10m grand prize, and the chance to help design the next game, starting in 2024.

Nova Negrahnu and her friends Burner and Sushi cannot wait to start playing. But when an international terrorist organisation sets its sights on the game and it’s creator, Nova finds her life turned upside down, as the line between simulation and reality blurs. Can she navigate between playing the game, coping with all the issues an eighteen-year-old girl faces and avoid the very real and present danger mounting outside Solaversia?


____________________________________________ 




Release: August 25th

Dead Upon a Time byElizabeth Paulson

Series: Stand-alone
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Retelling
Publisher: Scholastic

One girl is kept in a room where every day the only food she's given is a poisoned apple. Another is kept in a room covered in needles -- and if she pricks her finger, she'll die. Then there are the brother and sister kept in a cell that keeps getting hotter and hotter. . .

A sinister kidnapper is on the loose in Kate's world. She's not involved until one day she heads to her grandmother's house in the woods -- and finds her grandmother has also been taken. Already an outcast, Kate can't get any help from the villagers who hate her. Only Jack, another outsider, will listen to what's happened.

Then a princess is taken, and suddenly the king is paying attention -- even though the girl's stepmother would rather he didn't. It's up to Kate and Jack to track down the victims before an ever after arrives that's far from happy.



____________________________________________


Release: August 3rd

Skyscrapers & Camelot by Mindy A. Carter

Series: Renovate #1
Genre: New Adult, Romance
Publisher: ebook

Keegan was my world since I was six years old. When he walked out of my life, I was certain I would never see him again. He broke my heart, but truthfully I only have myself to blame. Now I'm looking into his incredibly beautiful blue eyes. He came back into my life as quickly as he left. Both of us have changed over the years, but I can't imagine living another day without him.

My name is Aimee, and this is the story of how I lost and found my best friend and love of my life. The journey may be tough but there is no denying that Keegan, and I were destined to be together. He rescued me the day we met and had always been my prince charming. One thing I'm sure of, I'm not letting my happily ever after get away this time.


____________________________________________ 
 

There are definitely some more books coming out this month - what are you waiting on? Any book you just have to buy once it's out? Let me know in the comments! :)

4 comments:

  1. This is such a great list! I've just finished reading Mechanica and I can't wait to read Verum so I can finally order Lux :D I haven't heard of any of the others but I've just added them to my TBR shelf so thanks :)
    Your new GFC follower!
    Cody @ Literary-ly Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read your review for Mechanica ... doesn't sound that good. *sigh* I had hopes for this one and thought it would be worth checking it out, damnit. I also need to read Verum - I have it for sooo long and STILL haven't picked it up although I LOVED the first book!

      Thank you for following! <3

      Delete
  2. I have really been interested in Mechanica since I heard about it. I got an ARC of Solarversia and I am excited because it is giving me the Ready Player One vibes. Again these are all great new releases.
    ~Chioma @ Blue Books and Butterflies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too but I read reviews and apparently it isn't that good ... sadly. It sounds great but I'm not sure anymore if I want to read it or not. Oh well, I guess I'll see. But I also got an ARC of Solarversia and am SOOO excited! I loved Ready Player One! :D

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.