Thursday, August 6, 2015

Secret Life of a Book Blogger Tag

The lovely Annie @ Indoor Sojourner tagged me to do the Secret Life of a Book Blogger tag! Thank you so much! Everyone please go check out her blog! <3


How long have you been a blogger?

For almost a year now! My first post was on August 25th, 2014. :)

At what point do you think you will stop?

Well, I haven't really thought about that yet. I still enjoy blogging a lot and wouldn't want to stop anytime soon. Maybe that'll change in a few years but I hope not!

What is the best thing?

About blogging, you mean? Definitely the community, I'd say! There are so many amazing people out there! Everyone's extremely helpful and welcoming, so you just have to feel comfortable. And it's always a pleasure chatting with someone who understands your inner fangirl. ;)

What is the worst thing? What do you do to make it okay?

Maybe that I want to be acknowledged? If you post something that you're really proud of, of course you want other people to see and respond to it, right? However, if you're new or don't have as many followers you might be a little disappointed. I've been through this. And it still happens, believe me. As a (new) blogger it's hard to reach out and make others see your post but Twitter and commenting on other blogs definitely helps!

How long does it take you to create/find pictures to use?

Book covers are easily found on Google, the pictures for my wrap up's, TBR's (if I have them) and all the rest usually don't take too long. I need to take pictures anyway for my Instagram account, so that doesn't really take more effort or time. The pictures for my #bookstagram posts take me ages though ... 

Who is your book crush?

I can't possible just pick one, you know that, right?! THERE ARE SO MANY. My favorites are probably Aaron Warner from the Shatter Me series, Adrian Ivashkov from the Bloodlines series, Ridge from Maybe Someday, The White King from the The Collectors' Society series and and and. I could go on FOREVER. :D

What author would you like to have on your blog?

Tahereh Mafi, Colleen Hoover, Jennifer L. Armentrout, Sarah J. Maas, Leigh Bardugo, J.K. Rowling, Stephanie Perkins, Richelle Mead and a lot more!

What do you wear when you write your blog posts?

That really depends on the day/time of the day. Right now I'm wearing shorts and a top - it's super hot here in Austria (35°C), ugh.

How long does it take you to prepare?

Again, that depends. Wrap up's, TBR posts and all those memes don't really take me long because they mostly look the same and I just have to change the content. Reviews aren't that easy but depending on the book it takes me .... 1 or 2 hours? I haven't really checked. My #bookstagram posts are usually the ones that take me the longest. I have to prepare the "user pictures" for every featured account and also for Twitter and Facebook. It's a lot to do but also really fun! 

How do you feel about the book blogger community/culture?

I already mentioned above how nice and welcoming everyone is! It's just so much fun interacting, discussing and fangirling with you all and I wouldn't want to miss it! <3

What do you think one should do to get a successful blog? 

Be friendly, be yourself and do what makes you happy! You're allowed to promote your blog but don't overdo it - instead just communicate with other bloggers, comment on their blogs and you'll see: They will notice you! That way you can also make friends and have even more fun. It's not just about followers and visits (although I know we all want that) but also about having fun and sharing what YOU love. 

I'm tagging ...
Tracy @ Cornerfolds
Jen @ The Bookavid 

And everyone else who wants to do it! :) 

2 comments:

  1. Love both this tag idea, and also your answers, Yvonne! My favorite aspect of the book blogging is also the lovely community. There's just so many enthusiastic people here so open and willing to chat about books and more. Even with the occassional drama, it's pretty great for sure. :D It's so interesting that you said your #bookstagram posts take the longest! I actually just got on Instagram, and the whole process does take quite a long time, but it seems to be pretty rewarding when the pictures turns out perfectly. Although I do have to say: I didn't think there would be sooo many steps involved in getting the perfect picture, haha.

    What you said about blog posts not getting a ton of attention is SO spot on. There's a lot of posts I've spent hours on that I'm super, super proud of, but then they don't get a lot of views/comments/interactions which is always a bit disappointing. I think we just have to remember that we're doing this for US, and if the process of making the post made us happy, then we're good.

    Lovely post, Yvonne! <33

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3

      That's exactly what I meant! Oh and with the #bookstagram posts I meant the meme here on my blog, where I show you my favorite accounts from Instagram/Bookstagram. I have to prepare those "user pictures" for every person, that's what takes the longest, haha. :D

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.