Saturday, August 8, 2015

{REVIEW} Skyscrapers & Camelot by Mindy A. Carter

Title: Skyscrapers & Camelot
Author: Mindy A. Carter
Series: Renovate #1
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publication: August 3rd, 2015
Rating: ★★★★☆

Keegan was my world since I was six years old. When he walked out of my life, I was certain I would never see him again. He broke my heart, but truthfully I only have myself to blame. Now I'm looking into his incredibly beautiful blue eyes. He came back into my life as quickly as he left. Both of us have changed over the years, but I can't imagine living another day without him.

My name is Aimee, and this is the story of how I lost and found my best friend and love of my life. The journey may be tough but there is no denying that Keegan, and I were destined to be together. He rescued me the day we met and had always been my prince charming. One thing I'm sure of, I'm not letting my happily ever after get away this time.
I am soooo glad the author reached out to me and asked me to read and review her book because honestly? I LOVED IT SO MUCH! I read it in 2 sittings and it would have been one if I didn't have to go to sleep (it was already around 3am)!

The characters are absolutely amazing! We have our main characters Aimee (I love the name!) and Keegan which were both really likable but then there's also his brother Kaleb and Aimee's best friend/roommate Reece. Let me tell you ... I ADORE Reece! She's soooo cool and straightforward, a very, very good friend - I want a best friend like her! - and always there whenever Aimee needs her. Such a great person! I can't wait to read more about her!

Kaleb is funny and like his brother really handsome ... he's super charming and I enjoyed the bickering between him and Aimee. They're like brother and sister and reading those scenes were so much fun. And well, Keegan is ... swoon-worthy. Definitely. I loved how he looked at Aimee and everything he did for her was unbelievably sweet. Also: childhood-friends and being in love with your best friend? Ummm, yes please! I sat there, grinning like a cheshire cat and just wanted them to be together, to be happy! *sigh*

"It's so you can see the stars as clearly as I see you."

There were a few scenes that I didn't really like and thought unnecessary but every romance book has those typical drama scenes, so it didn't bother me too much. Those "flashbacks" to Aimee and Keegan's childhood were a bit irritating for me. They both didn't sound like six/seven year old kids and that confused me ... but oh well. Other than that, the writing style was very easy to read and kept me turning the pages. I constantly wanted to know what would happen next.

Overall I'd definitely recommend this book if you're up for a sweet (and sometimes cheesy - although not in a bad way) read! It's cute but also hot and very enjoyable - a perfect read for in between! :)

★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥