Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#44): The Creeping

 
Waiting on Wednesday  is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that booklovers can't wait to get their hands on!


Title: The Creeping
Author:
Series: Stand-alone
Genre: Young Adult, Mystery, Horror
Expected Publication Date: August 18th, 2015


Twelve years ago Stella and Jeanie vanished while picking strawberries. Stella returned minutes later, with no memory of what happened. Jeanie was never seen or heard from again.

Now Stella is seventeen, and she's over it. She's the lucky one who survived, and sure, the case is still cloaked in mystery—and it's her small town's ugly legacy—but Stella is focused on the coming summer. She's got a great best friend, a hookup with an irresistibly crooked smile, and two months of beach days stretching out before her.

Then along comes a corpse, a little girl who washes up in an ancient cemetery after a mudslide, and who has red hair just like Jeanie did. Suddenly memories of that haunting day begin to return, and when Stella discovers that other red-headed girls have gone missing as well, she begins to suspect that something sinister is at work.

And before the summer ends, Stella will learn the hard way that if you hunt for monsters, you will find them.
 

Why am I waiting?

Another (hopefully great!) book for the Horror Challenge by @Cornerfolds - I need to get on with it and I think this one could be a good candidate ... let's just hope it's actually CREEPY and not boring.

8 comments:

  1. I think I am going to read this one too, the blurb sounds very interesting. Love the beautiful cover! Great choice.
    Alma @ A Novel Place

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!! This was my WoW a few months ago! That cover is SO gorgeous! I really want to read this one :D

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I've heard of this one, so I'm waiting too. :) Here's My Pick!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pick! This one definitely sounds amazing. I love the cover!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard of this book! It sounds amazing!
    Old follower but new Instagram follower, nice pictures!
    Here is My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of this one before but it definitely looks like a kind of book I would enjoy! New follower on GFC!!!

    Heres my woW: http://nolifewithoutreading.blogspot.com/2015/07/waiting-on-wednessday-2.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES YES YES! So happy to see this was your pick for WoW! Much thanks Yvonne for the Blogger Recognition Nomination! I am falling way too behind on my blog replies but hopefully I get to doing it soon! Much love&thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, don't worry! ♥ And you're welcome! :D

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥