Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#43): The One Thing

 
Waiting on Wednesday  is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that booklovers can't wait to get their hands on!


Title: The One Thing
Author:
Series: Stand-alone
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary
Expected Publication Date: September 8th, 2015


Maggie Sanders might be blind, but she won't invite anyone to her pity party. Ever since losing her sight six months ago, Maggie's rebellious streak has taken on a life of its own, culminating with an elaborate school prank. Maggie called it genius. The judge called it illegal.

Now Maggie has a probation officer. But she isn't interested in rehabilitation, not when she's still mourning the loss of her professional-soccer dreams, and furious at her so-called friends, who lost interest in her as soon as she could no longer lead the team to victory.

Then Maggie's whole world is turned upside down. Somehow, incredibly, she can see again. But only one person: Ben, a precocious ten-year-old unlike anyone she's ever met.Ben's life isn't easy, but he doesn't see limits, only possibilities. After awhile, Maggie starts to realize that losing her sight doesn't have to mean losing everything she dreamed of. Even if what she's currently dreaming of is Mason Milton, the infuriatingly attractive lead singer of Maggie's new favorite band, who just happens to be Ben's brother.

But when she learns the real reason she can see Ben, Maggie must find the courage to face a once-unimaginable future...before she loses everything she has grown to love.
 

Why am I waiting?

I'm SOOOO ready for this book!!! Have you read the synopsis? This sounds AMAZING! The cover isn't really my favorite but the blurb definitely catched me. I honestly can't wait to get my hands on it! Is anyone as excited as I am? Please, please, please let this be great! *hopes*

6 comments:

  1. This really sounds amazing, it's going on my TBR list. Thanks for sharing!
    Alma @ A Novel Place

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!! this sounds like everything I would like in a book, the drama & the love story and friendship aspects. I kind of like the bright colors on the cover, not so fond of the main grey-ish color, but maybe it correlates with the story as the main character is blind? I can see it now. The green specs form an eye and the heart has a musical sign in it? Or I don't know what that is called? It's kind of a good one.. I think!

    Am I imagining this? hahaha, anyways, thank you for sharing♥

    Jumana @ Books by Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually you're right! I just don't like the grey ... it's too much, too dark. Considering what you said though ... well, I guess it's a fitting cover for the book! :D

      Delete
  3. Oh this book sounds amazing. The summary has really pulled me in. I can't wait to read it, it will certainly be interesting to see how the author tells the story through Maggie's point of view :)

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this cover so much! Great pick.

    Btw new follower. Your blog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amber! I followed you back! Your blog looks incredible! <3

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥