Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#42): Dangerous Lies

 
Waiting on Wednesday  is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that booklovers can't wait to get their hands on!


Title: Dangerous Lies
Author: 
Series: Stand-alone
Genre: Young Adult, Thriller
Expected Publication Date: November 10th, 2015


Stella Gordon is not her real name. Thunder Basin, Nebraska, is not her real home. This is not her real life.

After witnessing a lethal crime, Stella Gordon is sent to the middle of nowhere for her own safety before she testifies against the man she saw kill her mother’s drug dealer.

But Stella was about to start her senior year with the boyfriend she loves. How can she be pulled away from the only life she knows and expected to start a new one in Nebraska? Stella chafes at her protection and is rude to everyone she meets. She’s not planning on staying long, so why be friendly? Then she meets Chet Falconer and it becomes harder to keep her guard up, even as her guilt about having to lie to him grows.

As Stella starts to feel safer, the real threat to her life increases—because her enemies are actually closer than she thinks…
 

Why am I waiting?

I saw this on someone else's WoW and loved the cover! The blurb sounds great too and well, I already read her Hush Hush series .... so why not add this one to my TBR? I just hope it'll be good and not disappointing! :)

15 comments:

  1. Whoah this looks really cool and kind of dark, which is always something intriguing to me. Thank you for sharing, I hadn't heard of this one before but now it's definitely going on the tbr pile. :)
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it and I hope we'll both enjoy it! :D

      Delete
  2. We are really looking forward to this one too! Bel really enjoyed Black Ice and we ALL enjoyed the Hush, Hush series. Thank you for sharing!

    WOW 

    Nat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard Black Ice is really good too! Maybe I should check it out as well ... we'll see! Thank you for stopping by! <3

      Delete
  3. WHAT!?! I didn't know she was coming out with a new book. This is AWESOME :) The blurb sounds sooo interesting. I read Black Ice and it was okay.. so far I'm not so keen on reading everything by Becca Fitzpatrick, but I will give this one a try♥

    Thanks for sharing, beautiful!

    Jumana @ Books by Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you read the Hush Hush series? I enjoyed it but didn't think it was super duper awesome, oh well.

      Thank you for stopping by, love! <3

      Delete
  4. Love the cover, not too fond of the description. Great pick, though! I hope you enjoy it.

    My WOW: http://tsundokubooks.blogspot.com/2015/07/waiting-on-wednesday-riders.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't too hyped about Hush Hush (only read book 1), but I put something else of hers on my tbr anyway. Another stand-alone, because cover and blurb... well, the same thing you did here. This one doesn't sound like it's for me, though. Hope you enjoy!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you mean Black Ice? I've heard good things about it, so maybe I'll check this one out too ... :D

      Thank you for stopping by, Caro! ♥

      Delete
  6. Great choice! I really want to check this one out because I enjoyed Hush, Hush. Have an awesome week! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I've only read her Hush Hush series, so it's interesting to read a STAND-ALONE by her ... we'll see how good she's at those! :P

      Delete
  7. Hi Yvonne! I love the design of you blog :) Sound really interesting, I like thriller/mysteries for sure. I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you Elizabeth! That's so nice of you! :D

      Thank you for stopping by!! <3

      Delete
  8. Oh I didn't know there was a new book coming from Becca Fitzpatrick. Sounds really interesting!
    Alma @ A Novel Place

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥