Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#40): The Rest of Us Just Live Here

 
Waiting on Wednesday  is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that booklovers can't wait to get their hands on!


Title: The Rest of Us Just Live Here
Author: 
Series: Stand-alone
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Expected Publication Date: August 27th, 2015


What if you weren’t the Chosen One?

What if you’re not the one who’s so often the hero in YA fiction; who’s supposed to fight the zombies, or the soul-eating ghosts, or whatever this new thing is, with the blue lights and the death? What if you were like Mikey? Who just wants to graduate and go to prom and maybe finally work up the courage to ask Henna out before someone goes and blows up the high school. Again. Because sometimes there are problems bigger than this week’s end of the world and sometimes you just have to find the extraordinary in your ordinary life. Even if your best friend might just be the God of mountain lions...
 

Why am I waiting?

I have yet to read something by Patrick Ness but I only heard good about him ... maybe this will be my first? I desperately wanted to read "A Monster Calls" but haven't got around buying it yet - definitely need to do that soon! I really like the blurb of this one and even though it's short and doesn't really reveal anything I'm super interested ... and confused. But that's a good thing, I guess. :D

5 comments:

  1. Great pick! This sounds really good, doesn't it? I have an arc of it so gonna try to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I love this concept. The idea that the protagonist isn't necessarily the 'hero' is awesome.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice! I can't wait for this one either. I love Patrick Ness's writing style. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really excited for this one. Reminds me so much of a specific episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer just from the description. Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was lucky enough to get an eARC of this! Definitely excited to check it out. Haven't read Patrick Ness yet, but I've heard so many amazing things! Great pick Yvonne!
    Thanks for stopping by Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥