Thursday, June 11, 2015

Bedtime Book Tag

I was tagged by Megan & Cat @ Books of Fascination to do the "Bedtime Book Tag". Thank you so much! I love doing these tags ... especially when I'm bored and don't have anything to do. Be sure to check out their blog! :)


A book that kept you up all night reading

Well, I tend to read late at night and if a book is especially thrilling it can keep me up a while ... a long while. The last one was probably An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir - I just adored it so much and couldn't get enough of the characters and the world!

A book that made you scared to go to sleep

Books don't easily scare me and to be honest I haven't read many horror novels yet ... in fact I only read 3 so far. I think. However, the one that was really creepy was Say Her Name by James Dawson, probably because I read it late at night, around midnight, and listened to creepy "music" (more like the noises you hear while watching a ghost movie or something like that ... you know, steps and laughing children) and holy shit, was I scared! That did me no good ... but it was also fun. Oh well. :D

A book that made you go to sleep

The only ones that come to my mind right now are the books to Supernatural. I only read the first 2 and don't get me wrong, I'm a huuuge Supernatural fan! I love the show to no end but the books were just ... boring. They weren't entirely bad but I definitely expected it to be more thrilling. Maybe the next books are better? Who knows ...

A book that left you tossing and turning all night in anticipation of its release

That's easy: Shutter by Courtney Alameda! It came out this February and of course I pre-ordered it because I was so hyped and excited! I couldn't wait to get it! Amazon delivered it a few days later (ugh!) but once I had it I picked it up immediately and it totally lived up to my expectations. IT WAS SO GOOD!!!

A book that has your dream boyfriend

What an unfair question! I have way too many book-boyfriends - it's so hard to decide which one is your favorite ... especially if you have people like Adrian Ivashkov, Cameron Hamilton, Daemon Black and Jace/The White King on your list. But okay. My favorite is probably Aaron Warner of the "Shatter Me" series by Tahereh Mafi. I'm just so in love with this guy ... *sigh*

A book that would be your worst nightmare to live in

I'm going with the world of The Walking Dead. As much as I think it would be cool to smash some zombie's heads with whatever I can find, I also think it would be extremely exhausting and scary. I'd probably die really quickly because we don't even have a shovel or some other tools! :O

A book that reminds you of the night time

*stares intently at bookshelves* Hmmmm, can I go with any vampire book? Like every single vampire book on my shelves remind me of the night time. Vampires. Night. Duh. Enough said, no?

A book that had a nightmarish cliffhanger

The Murder Complex by the lovely Lindsay Cummings! This book contains the meanest and bestest plot twists ever and the cliffhanger was just super cruel, if I remember correctly. Even if not, it's still one of the best books I've ever read - so, so cool!

A book that you actually dreamed about

Oh god, if I'd only remember ... I think I once dreamed about The Collectors' Society by Heather Lyons (great book btw! Check it out!) Especially about The White King and, obviously, Wonderland.

A book monster that you would not want to find under your bed

Okay, it took me only a few seconds to answer this! Definitely It, or well, Pennywise of Stephen King's book IT. I remember watching the movie when I was younger and I was so afraid of this stupid clown, ugh. I have yet to read the book but it's so freaking long ... probably the longest I own.

I'm tagging:
Sherry Lay @ Bloggity BLOG
Monica @ Tomes Project
Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

8 comments:

  1. What a great tag and duh, Warner is amazing! I guess I would have gone for him too. Gorgeous ;)

    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Love, Kerstin

    https://missgetaway.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to decide though ... so many awesome book boyfriends, haha. :D

      Thank you for stopping by! <3

      Delete
  2. This is such a fun tag! Would you believe I haven't read any of these books? Although I'm dying to read The Murder Complex (I got to read the unedited manuscript of it years ago and I want to know how it's changed!).

    You have a wonderful blog! I just started following on GFC and I"m excited to see more of your posts! :)
    -Ashley
    What's Your Story?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assume YA isn't your main genre then? Otherwise I'd be really surprised, haha. You really haven't read ANY of the books I mentioned above? Wow! They're all highly recommended btw - you should really check them out! :P

      Ohhh thank you so much! ♥ I followed you back, your blog looks great! :)

      Delete
    2. No, YA is my main genre! Haha! I just haven't been blogging for about a year now, and due to college, haven't been able to keep up with my reading. I gotta get on it!
      Thanks for the follow! :)

      Delete
  3. Haha love your answers! Thank you so much for taking the time to do the tag! :)

    -Megan, Books of Fascination

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for tagging me! This will be the first thing I've ever gotten tagged in, and I love this idea! Can't wait to do it.
    -Monica @ Tomes Project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, really? I'm glad I tagged you then! Can't wait to see which book you'll pick! :D

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥