Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#32): The House

 
Waiting on Wednesday  is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that booklovers can't wait to get their hands on!


Title: The House
Author: Christina Lauren
Series: Stand-alone
Genre: Young Adult, Horror
Expected Publication Date: October 27th, 2015


Gavin tells Delilah he’s hers—completely—but whatever lives inside that house with him disagrees.

After seven years tucked away at an East coast boarding school, Delilah Blue returns to her small Kansas hometown to find that not much has changed. Her parents are still uptight and disinterested, her bedroom is exactly the way she left it, and the outcast Gavin Timothy still looks like he’s crawled out of one of her dark, twisted drawings.

Delilah is instantly smitten.

Gavin has always lived in the strange house: an odd building isolated in a stand of trees where the town gives in to mild wilderness. The house is an irresistible lure for Delilah, but the tall fence surrounding it exists for good reason, and Gavin urges Delilah to be careful. Whatever lives with him there isn’t human, and isn’t afraid of hurting her to keep her away.
 

Why am I waiting?

I saw this one on one of Cornerfolds Waiting on Wednesdays, if I remember correctly, and immediately added it to my TBR list. I'm participating in her "2015 Horror Challenge" and need a few good books to complete my goal ... so far I've only read Shutter & Say Her Name - I enjoyed them both so much and now I'm constantly searching for new ones. It's just so freaking cool to read a scary book at night ... gaaah, I love it! I'm excited and can't wait to read this one!

11 comments:

  1. I've seen this book around, and it does sound interesting - I hope you enjoy this read once it comes out - great pick <3

    <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Benish! I hope it'll be great! :D

      Delete
  2. I read only one Christina Lauren book before -- the first. It was okay, and I think I can imagine them writing a horror story. I'm confident this could be good. Looking forward to your review!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't even heard of her before but this one sounds really promising! Thank you for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  3. That sounds so good...really spooky. I'm so adding this to my wish list. Thanks so much for sharing! I hope you enjoy it! Here's my WoW. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, right? Can't wait to read it! Thank you for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  4. I can not do horror, ever since goosebumps, I just can't. They give me nightmares...lol seriously. I don't even watch scary movies. Not so much about the blood part cause blood doesn't bother me more about the surprises of the scene/killing. Yeah, no surprises for me but I wish you a good read when you do get your hands on this haunting tale.
    BTW thanks for visiting my page earlier.

    My WOW
    -TopianGirl @TopianBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not that scary if you read them in bright daylight. :P But I totally understand what you mean ... I haven't read that many scary books but especially the psychological horror drives me crazy - and yet, I kinda like it, haha. :D

      Thank you for stopping by too! <3

      Delete
  5. Wow this sounds super creepy. I don't typically read Horror either. Hope you enjoy this one though. New follower by the way!


    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following and stopping by! I followed you back! :)

      Delete
  6. This book sounds deliciously creepy. I'm definitely going to have to check it out. I haven't read many horror books I don't think, but I have been trying to find some good ones. Shutter is on my TBR list, so hopefully I'll get to that soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥