Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#28): Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda

 
Waiting on Wednesday  is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that booklovers can't wait to get their hands on!
______________________________________________________________


Title: Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda
Author: Becky Albertalli
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary
Expected Publication Date: April 7th, 2015

Sixteen-year-old and not-so-openly gay Simon Spier prefers to save his drama for the school musical. But when an email falls into the wrong hands, his secret is at risk of being thrust into the spotlight. Now Simon is actually being blackmailed: if he doesn’t play wingman for class clown Martin, his sexual identity will become everyone’s business. Worse, the privacy of Blue, the pen name of the boy he’s been emailing, will be compromised.

With some messy dynamics emerging in his once tight-knit group of friends, and his email correspondence with Blue growing more flirtatious every day, Simon’s junior year has suddenly gotten all kinds of complicated. Now, change-averse Simon has to find a way to step out of his comfort zone before he’s pushed out—without alienating his friends, compromising himself, or fumbling a shot at happiness with the most confusing, adorable guy he’s never met.

_____________________________________________________

Why am I waiting?

First of all, I freaking adore the cover! It looks so cool and is simple, which I just love! The blurb also sounds interesting and I've already heard from a few people that it's a really enjoyable read! Definitely need to get my hands on it, especially because I usually don't read books like that very often.

18 comments:

  1. Seems interesting. Here is hoping that Blue and Martin aren't the same people. Cause that would suck.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, haha. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. I just read about that one and I love the premise. I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I'm really excited and hope it'll be good! :D
      Thanks for stopping by! ♥

      Delete
  3. This looks so good! I need more reads for the LGBT challenge I'm participating this year and this is going on my list for sure! Thanks for sharing :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! I hope you'll enjoy it too! Thank YOU for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  4. I'm not sure about this one. I'm still on the fence. It hasn't really drawn me in.

    My WoW: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/04/waiting-on-wednesday-hard-to-be-good.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's totally okay, not everyone has the same taste! And maybe the reviews after the release will "convince" you - well, if they're good, haha. :D

      Thanks for stopping by, Christina! :)

      Delete
  5. I've heard SO many good things about this! I hope you love it when you read it!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope so too! Thank you for stopping by :D

      Delete
  6. I haven't heard of this one, but I hope you enjoy it! I don't read a lot of contemporary books, although this book has caught my eye. ;) Great pick!

    Betsy @ I Sold My Soul For Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one definitely looks cute an I love the cover. And I love stories about musical theater, secret pen pals, all that fun stuff! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover looks sooo awesome, right? I love it! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  8. YES YVONNE!!

    I'm eagerly anticipating this book's release.. oh god I can't contain my excitement haha
    I looove your choice for this :) the cover's beautiful and eye-catching. I love that his head is invisible and replaced by a speech bubble. You need to tell me whenever you lay your hands on this one <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, Jayy! ♥
      I totally agree with you and of course I'll let you know! Although I really don't know WHEN that will be ... I still have so many other books to read, ugh. :D

      Delete
  9. Ooo... This was my WoW last week. I'm so excited for this! Every day I hear more and more good things and I just want it. XD

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen this one everywhere. It doesn't look like it's for me, but enjoy! New follower. :-)

    Shannon @ The Tale Temptress' WoW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥