Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Liebster Award

Thanks to the lovely Jumana @ Books By Jay for nominating me for the Liebster Award! I cannot express my love for this girl enough, she's just the sweetest and you should all check out her blog and follow her! ♥



Rules

1. Link back to the person that nominated you
2. Answer the questions given by the nominator(s)
3. Nominate 11 other amazing bloggers with less than 200 followers
4. Create 11 questions for the nominees
5. Notify all nominees via social media/blogs





The Questions:


1. What is your favorite genre of music?
That's a though one ... I listen to all kinds of music, if I'm being honest. Rock, Pop, Indie, House, there's mostly a bit of everything in my playlist. However, if I really need to pick one, I'd go for (Alternative) Rock - some of my favorite bands are Fall Out Boy, Panic! at the Disco, 30 Seconds to Mars, Imagine Dragons and and and. Definitely something with Rock, yeees!

2. How many books are on your TBR?
I hope we're not talking about my TBR on Goodreads because there are hundreds on it. On my shelves I have around 35 - 40 books that I haven't read yet. Oh myyy god. I really need to stop buying new books all the time, right?!

3. What is your favorite book/series?
You can't expect a short answer for that one, Jay. Seriously, how am I supposed to pick ONE damn book that I love? This is too hard, do you even know what you're doing to me?! AHH! I think ... well, I love Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover. But Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi gave me so many feels and Aaron Warner is STILL one of my favorite characters of all time ... and I also can't stop thinking about Shutter by Courtney Alameda because her characters were just brilliant and I loved them to death. But then again there's Bloodlines with my precious Adrian Ivashkov in it and Wait For You with Cam - do you see my struggle? I can't pick one! *sighs frustrated*

4. Which book intimidates you?
So many. A Matter of Fate by Heather Lyons, Divergent by Veronica Roth, Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare, Stephen King with ALL of his novels ... they're all huge!

5. If you were to be given a book as a gift, which one would you like to receive?
A Darker Shade of Magic by Victoria Schwab. I read an amazing review today that made me so unbelievably excited to read this. And I absolutely ADORE the cover!

6. Do you like classics, if so, which one is your favorite?
I haven't read that many classics but I always loved Pride & Prejudice - I really liked the movie with Kira Knightley and the book was really good too!

7. What is the one thing that you don't leave your house without? (Other than your phone or money)
Clothes. :P Yes, I know I'm not funny! I'd say my headphones ... I always listen to music, so wherever I go my headphones go with me.

8. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
In 10 years I'll be 31 ... well, hopefully with a great and steady job, I wouldn't mind a partner either and generally I just hope I'll be healthy and happy. Other than that I really don't know. 

9. What would you like to do as a living? 
Something with animals? Books? Children? There are so many possibilities ... I wish I'd knew.

10. What is your biggest bookish pet peeve?
How about those annoying stickers on books? Some of them are even PRINTED on it, I mean, why would you do this? Seriously, I don't need to know that it's a book-to-movie adaptation and if I WANT to know I'll read about it online or already know it, ughhhhh. They're just useless.

11. Describe yourself in 3 words. (not really a question, but oh well)
I'm terrible at this, just so you know. People would probably say I'm an introvert and shy but once you get to know me I can be really weird, crazy and funny ... at least I'd like to think that, haha. I guess I'm also a good listener and always try to help people when they need something or someone to talk.

__________________________________________________________

To all the lovely people listed below, you're nominated!

(I'm actually not sure if all of you have less than 200 people, ugh. Sorry if not!)
Topian @ Topian Books
Ee Hwee @ Bursting Books 
Noelia @ A Day In Bookland 
Michelle @ Michelle's Minions
Crystal @ Books Unbound  
Jasmine @ Eleven Chapters

My Questions:

1. If you could interview one author, who would it be?
2. How do you organize your bookshelves? (Rainbow, genre, author, ...)
3. If you could live the life of any character from any book, who would you choose?
4. Which genre do you read most/least? Why?
5. What's your favorite quote?
6. What do you like most about blogging?
7. Who's your ultimate book boyfriend? One you'd choose over all the others. (I know this is mean!)
8. What's your opinion on cover changes in series? Does it bother you?
9. You and your books are trapped in a room when suddenly a zombie walks in and tries to eat your brain ... what's the first book you'd grab to smash that zombie's brain?
10. What do you prefer - bookstores or libraries?
11. If you could have one supernatural power/ability, what would it be?


Thanks again for nominating me, Jay! I'm looking forward to seeing your answers, lovely nominees - you can link them in the comments, I'd love to read them as soon as possible! <3

3 comments:

  1. AGHHHH YOU ARE THE BESTTTT!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH♥ And trust me, you're by far the sweetest human being I've ever encountered & I seriously love youuu!

    I agree on everything you said, I LOVED your answers. Alternative?!! ME TOO, I loove imagine dragons and 30 seconds to mars. Maybe Someday? YES YES and I feel you on the struggle, but you can always cheat :p

    I also need to read Clockwork Angel, I have the first two books staring at me on my shelves.. I haven't read any Cassandra Clare before.. I know.

    The ADSOM preview that I've read was amazing! That would actually make a pretty amazing gift, I agree :)♥

    Hahaha you're actually pretty funny, I haven't thought about that while writing the question.. but headphones is a good choice! I never go to school without them as well.

    I would also add SWEET, EXTREMELY NICE AND AMAZING to funny, a good listener and crazy♥ (also, the sticker thing infuriates me as well.. it ruins the pretty covers of the books!!)

    Thank you for doing this gorgeous xx

    - Jumana @ http://booksbyj.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We must have the same sense of humour, having both said "clothes" for the thing you wouldn't leave the house without :')
    Good luck reading all those books on your shelf, I know that would stress me out. Despite this, there's no way that you need to stop buying new books - it's a way of life!
    I can't recommend Divergent more. Don't be intimidated - the pages fly by once you get into it, I promise.
    A Darker Shade of Magic sounds amazing, and I wouldn't hate getting that for a gift either.
    And you already know that we share the same favourite classic. Pride and Prejudice is just too good.
    I have to agree with book stickers. They're so annoying and ruin even the prettiest covers.
    Loved reading this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks :) I'll do this as soon as I can!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥