Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#24): The Cemetery Boys

 
Waiting on Wednesday  is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that booklovers can't wait to get their hands on!
______________________________________________________________

Title: The Cemetery Boys
Author: Heather Brewer
Genre: Young Adult, Horror, Paranormal
Expected Publication Date: March 30th, 2015

When Stephen is forced to move back to the nowhere town where his father grew up, he’s already sure he’s not going to like it. Spencer, Michigan, is like a town straight out of a Hitchcock movie, with old-fashioned people who see things only in black-and-white. But things start looking up when Stephen meets the mysterious twins Cara and Devon. They’re total punks–hardly the kind of people Stephen’s dad wants him hanging out with–but they’re a breath of fresh air in this backward town. The only problem is, Cara and Devon don’t always get along, and as Stephen forms a friendship with the charismatic Devon and something more with the troubled Cara, he starts to feel like he’s getting caught in the middle of a conflict he doesn’t fully understand. And as Devon’s group of friends, who hang out in a cemetery they call The Playground, get up to increasingly reckless activities to pass the summer days, Stephen worries he may be in over his head.

Stephen’s fears prove well-founded when he learns of Spencer’s dark past. It seems the poor factory town has a history of “bad times,” and many of the town’s oldest residents attribute the bad times to creatures right out of an urban legend. The legend goes that the only way the town will prosper again is if someone makes a sacrifice to these nightmarish creatures. And while Stephen isn’t one to believe in old stories, it seems Devon and his gang might put a lot of faith in them. Maybe even enough to kill for them.

Now, Stephen has to decide what he believes, where his allegiances lie, and who will really be his friend in the end.


Why am I waiting?

I like the cover because it reminds me a bit of Stephen King - there's always a huge font on the front cover of his books and "Cemetery" sounds already creepy and spooky but the colors are gorgeous too! I found out about this one thanks to Epic Reads and added it immediately to my TBR list - really looking forward to read this!

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah, it looks awesome, right? :D
      Thank you for stopping by! ♥

      Delete
  2. I agree with you about the cover! I hope you enjoy it and I can't wait to see your thoughts on it :) I hope to see you around my blog

    Katelynn
    www.literarychameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I get my hands on it, I'll definitely review it on here! :)
      Thank you for stopping by! ♥

      Delete
  3. I got this at NYCC and I've been waiting to get this to the top of my list to read!

    Check out our WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh really? I'd love to hear your thoughts on it sometime! Hope you enjoy it too and thanks for stopping by here! :D

      Delete
  4. This one's not really for me. I'm not big on horror books. I hope you enjoy it, though!

    My WoW: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/03/waiting-on-wednesday-4-unleashing-call.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read that many horror books but since I finished "Shutter" by Courtney Alameda I just want MORE. :D

      Thanks for stopping by! ♥

      Delete
  5. Great pick! I've been seeing this one around a lot and it does seem really interesting. I've heard awesome things about Heather Brewer's other novels. Have a great week!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually the first I've ever heard of her but I'm curious! I hope it'll be good! ;)

      Thank you for stopping by and I wish you also a great week! ♥

      Delete
  6. The cover is awesome and that premise looks really interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cynthia! I agree with you - can't wait to read it! :D ♥

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥