Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#22): Liars, Inc.

 
Waiting on Wednesday  is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that booklovers can't wait to get their hands on!
______________________________________________________________

Title: Liars, Inc.
Author: Paula Stokes
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary
Expected Publication Date: March 24th, 2015

Max Cantrell has never been a big fan of the truth, so when the opportunity arises to sell forged permission slips and cover stories to his classmates, it sounds like a good way to make a little money and liven up a boring senior year. With the help of his friends Preston and Parvati, Max starts Liars, Inc. Suddenly everybody needs something and the cash starts pouring in. Who knew lying could be so lucrative?

When Preston wants his own cover story to go visit a girl he met online, Max doesn’t think twice about hooking him up. Until Preston never comes home. Then the evidence starts to pile up—terrifying clues that lead the cops to Preston’s body. Terrifying clues that point to Max as the murderer.

Can Max find the real killer before he goes to prison for a crime he didn’t commit? In a story that Kirkus Reviews called "Captivating to the very end," Paula Stokes starts with one single white lie and weaves a twisted tale that will have readers guessing until the explosive final chapters.


Why am I waiting?

I heard about this before but only added it a couple of weeks ago when I saw a video of Epic Reads on their channel where they talked about it. The blurb sounded pretty interesting and I also like the cover a lot! I'm usually not so much into Thriller and that kind of thing but I want to give it a try and hopefully I'll enjoy it! ;)

6 comments:

  1. This sounds pretty good, and I really like that cover. I hope you get to read it soon, and thanks for sharing. :)
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen quite a few people talking and wanting this book. It doesn't really sound like my kind of book, but I'll have to wait and see. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good mystery and I've been hearing that this is fantastic. Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been hearing about this one and I am definitely interested. It's on the TBR.

    My WoW this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this book around quite a lot lately. Definitely going to check it out. Thanks for sharing!
    My WoW: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/02/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice! I have heard pretty great things about this one before. I like the cover a lot. Thank you for sharing. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.