Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#19): Life Unaware

 
Waiting on Wednesday  is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that booklovers can't wait to get their hands on!
______________________________________________________________

Title: Life Unaware
Author: Cole Gibsen
Genre: Realistic Fiction, Contemporary
Expected Publication Date: April 28th, 2015

Regan Flay has been talking about you.

Regan Flay is on the cusp of achieving her control-freak mother's "plan" for high school success―cheerleading, student council, the Honor Society—until her life gets turned horribly, horribly upside down. Every bitchy text. Every bitchy email. Every lie, manipulation, and insult she's ever said have been printed out and taped to all the lockers in school.

Now Regan has gone from popular princess to total pariah.

The only person who even speaks to her is her former best friend's hot but socially miscreant brother, Nolan Letner. Nolan thinks he knows what Regan's going through, but what nobody knows is that Regan isn't really Little Miss Perfect. In fact, she's barely holding it together under her mom's pressure. But the consequences of Regan's fall from grace are only just beginning. Once the chain reaction starts, no one will remain untouched...

Especially Regan Flay.


Why am I waiting?

I haven't read anything of the author before but I discovered this book during the YA (Fall) Scavenger Hunt. It does sound interesting, right? I quite like the cover - back when I found out about it, it had another one but the simplicity of this is awesome and the colors look gorgeous too! I'm really looking forward to read it!

5 comments:

  1. I love that cover! I'm not a fan of YA contemporary stories but I did discover some gems in the genre and this one does sound pretty good to me. Adding it to me TBR list!

    My WOW!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the list. This author is pretty popular. :D
    I also loved how you put your list this week.

    My waiting on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds AWESOME! I was actually thinking of writing a book that sounds a little like this one but still different, so why not? :) I like the whole realism aspect of this and how this girl gets what she deserves and yet, readers should still feel for her. It's increduble.

    My WoW, here!
    - Nova @ Out of Time

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds... uhm, regular? Like a typical high school drama, sorry. However, if the writing is great and the characters, even the most basic and boring plotlines rock. ^^
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is kind of a cool cover. And I'm intrigued, I want to know how someone exposed her like they did. What an interesting social situation to create... this one is going on my To-Read list! Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WoW for the week: Vision in Silver

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥