Saturday, January 24, 2015

Upcoming Releases: FEBRUARY

*imitating Tyler Oakley* Well, hello everyone! How's your weekend so far? I just scrolled through my Goodreads bookshelves, checking what books are being release soon and thought why not let you know? Since January is almost over I figured it would be pointless to tell you about this month, therefore I'm looking ahead and show you some of my most anticipated February releases instead!


Release: February 10th

The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead

After their secret romance is exposed, Sydney and Adrian find themselves facing the wrath of both the Alchemists and the Moroi in this electrifying conclusion to Richelle Mead’s New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series. When the life of someone they both love is put on the line, Sydney risks everything to hunt down a deadly former nemesis. Meanwhile, Adrian becomes enmeshed in a puzzle that could hold the key to a shocking secret about spirit magic, a secret that could shake the entire Moroi world.
____________________________________________

I'm so unbelievably excited for this but at the same time also really sad because it's the last book in the "Bloodlines" series. I can't even believe it, I got my Adrian/Sydney dosis at regular intervals and was happy with it. Sooner or later I would read something new about them but now? What am I supposed to do after this book? I'll be a wreck!



Release: February 17th

The Return by Jennifer L. Armentrout

It’s been a year since Seth made the deal with the gods that pledged his life to them. And so far, the jobs they’ve given him have been violent and bloody–which is kind of all right with him. But now Apollo has something else in mind for Seth. He’s got to play protector while keeping his hands and fingers off, and for someone who really has a problem with restraint, this new assignment might be the most challenging yet.

Josie has no idea what this crazy hot guy’s deal might be, but it’s a good bet that his arrival means the new life she started after leaving home is about to be thrown into an Olympian-sized blender turned up to puree. Either Josie is going insane or a nightmare straight out of ancient myth is gunning for her.
____________________________________________

Since I found out about this book I just knew I need to read this! I loved the unofficial cover to death and frankly I was really disappointed when this new one was released ... but it's okay. All I need to do now is read the Covenant series very, very soon - I was told it's better if I finish the series before I start this one, so that's what I'm going to do!



Release: February 3rd

Shutter by Courtney Alameda

Micheline Helsing is a tetrachromat—a girl who sees the auras of the undead in a prismatic spectrum. As one of the last descendants of the Van Helsing lineage, she has trained since childhood to destroy monsters both corporeal and spiritual: the corporeal undead go down by the bullet, the spiritual undead by the lens. With an analog SLR camera as her best weapon, Micheline exorcises ghosts by capturing their spiritual energy on film. She's aided by her crew: Oliver, a techno-whiz and the boy who developed her camera's technology; Jude, who can predict death; and Ryder, the boy Micheline has known and loved forever.

When a routine ghost hunt goes awry, Micheline and the boys are infected with a curse known as a soulchain. As the ghostly chains spread through their bodies, Micheline learns that if she doesn't exorcise her entity in seven days or less, she and her friends will die. Now pursued as a renegade agent by her monster-hunting father, Leonard Helsing, she must track and destroy an entity more powerful than anything she's faced before . . . or die trying.
____________________________________________

This cover is all I ever needed! I first laid my eyes on it and knew this is it! I just have to read this! I have this love/hate relationship with horror movies - if they're really good I'm so scared but I just can't stop watching - and plan on having the same with books ... well, I know it won't be the same but damnit, I'm sure this'll be an amazing book!



Release: February 2nd

Verum by Courtney Cole

My name is Calla Price and I’m drowning. My new world is a dark, dark ocean and I’m being pulled under by secrets. Can I trust anyone? I don’t know anymore. The lies are spirals. They twist and turn, binding me with their thorns and serpentine tongues. And just when I think I have it figured out, everything is pulled out from under me. I’m entangled in the darkness. But the truth will set me free. It’s just ahead of me, so close I can touch it. But even though it shines and glimmers, it has glistening fangs and I know it will shred me.

Are you scared? I am.
____________________________________________

I absolutely LOVED the first book and since then I can't wait for part 2. The first one ended with a mayor cliffhanger and made me so curious and excited, you don't even know!




Release: February 26th

The Hidden Library by Heather Lyons

Alice Reeve and Finn Van Brunt have tumbled into a life of secrets. Some secrets they share, such as their employment by the clandestine organization known as The Collectors’ Society. Other secrets they carry within them, fighting to keep buried the things that could change everything they think they know.

On the hunt for an elusive villain who is hell-bent on destroying legacies, Alice, Finn, and the rest of the Society are desperate to unravel the mysteries surrounding them. But the farther they spiral down this rabbit hole, the deeper they fall into secrets that will test their loyalties and pit them against enemies both new and old.
____________________________________________

I've read the first book of this series last year and was so impressed! Before that I hadn't known Heather Lyons but she's incredibly talented and has a vivid imagination! Her characters and ideas are also great and I seriously can't wait to dive back into this universe!

What are you looking forward to? :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm really curious about Shutter and also The Hidden Library. Although I need to read The Collector's Society first (which I probably would never have found if it weren't for this post so thank you).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I already pre-ordered Shutter and can't wait till it's here! :D
      And yes, you shoud definitely read "The Collectors' Society" - it's an amazing read and was even one of my favorites from 2014!

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥