Friday, January 2, 2015

The TBR Jar Challenge


Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a great night and celebrated the beginning of 2015 with their loved ones! Two days ago I posted something about my book-related resolutions and then found the "TBR Jar Challenge" by Kat from Katytastic on Youtube. I thought it's actually quite a nice idea and would make it easier for me to decrease my TBR pile. Hopefully.
______________________________________________________________

What do you need to do? Write down 12 bookish challenges on individual stripes of paper and put them into a jar. Each month you're going to draw one and simply try to complete the challenge before the next month begins. Sounds easy, right?

The Challenges

I've used quite a few that Kat suggested but also added some of my own - you can choose whatever you want, it's totally up to you!

  • Read a book with 500+ pages
  • Re-read a book you love
  • Read a 2015 debut novel
  • Read a book that someone else picks for you
  • Read a book you gave up on/never finished
  • Read a classic novel
  • Read the second book in a series
  • Read a book by a new-to-you author
  • Read a book with a one-word-title
  • Read a book with a name in its title
  • Read a book with the color red on its cover
  • Read/watch a book and its adaptation

I'm really looking forward to doing this challenge since it's also the first one ever that I'm participating in! Are any of you guys doing other challenges this year? If yes, which ones? Do you plan on doing the "TBR Jar Challenge" too? :)

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a great challenge!! I am doing four this year: Banned Book Challenge, New to You Reading Challenge, a TBR Pile Reading Challenge, and Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.