Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (#14): The Honest Truth

 Waiting on Wednesday  is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that booklovers can't wait to get their hands on!
  

Title: The Honest Truth
Author: Dan Gemeinhart
Genre: Childrens, Middle Grade
Expected Publication Date: January 27th, 2015

In all the ways that matter, Mark is a normal kid. He's got a dog named Beau and a best friend, Jessie. He likes to take photos and write haiku poems in his notebook. He dreams of climbing a mountain one day.

But in one important way, Mark is not like other kids at all. Mark is sick. The kind of sick that means hospitals. And treatments. The kind of sick some people never get better from.

So Mark runs away. He leaves home with his camera, his notebook, his dog, and a plan to reach the top of Mount Rainier--even if it's the last thing he ever does.


Why am I waiting?

I expect "the honest truth". I haven't read lots of Middle Grade books but I desperately want to give this one a try. It sounds really moving and like a great book. And just look at the cover! I don't know if it's the official cover of if they're going to change it again but I like this simple style. I'm VERY MUCH looking forward to this!

2 comments:

  1. This one sounds really interesting and I, too, haven't read too much middle grade. Though, the ones that I HAVE, I have enjoyed. I might give this one a try.

    Great post!
    ~Fari @ My Little Corner For Books 0:)

    Follower via Bloglovin', follow back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This could be a really good read. I will have to recommend to the middle school teachers that I know.
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment - you are awesome! I really appreciate it! ♥